PDA

View Full Version : Landline out of order

dragondottie
09-11-2013, 17:24
I'm so angry, my phone went out of order on Wednesday, I had noticed in the morning that they were threading cable at the top of the road, as I walked past with the dogs one of the engineers stopped me to admire the dogs, they are lurcher and greyhound. Later that day, I was on my pc in a separate room and the phone rang, but not from the phone next to me, it was the one in the lounge, so I went to have a look and it seemed alright, I didn't think to check again, it wasn't until later that I realised it wasn't working and the display was all wrong. The following day I checked with my neighbour who is also with Virgin and her phone was off as well, (now she's 86 and had a stroke three years ago, she needs her phone). This of course meant that at least it wasn't my physical phone, but the cable or box. I had to use my mobile, which I only use for an emergency, don't normally touch it, only has a minimum amount on. Yea Gods what a carry on to get through to a real person, and what a load of garbage from him when I got a real person to speak too...only to be told I'd got no chance of an engineer until Monday, and although there were other phones in the area also off, he would still have to come to my house to check, no work would be carried out until then..I absolutely furious, what a crap service, well it's not a service is it...I'd like to know exactly what I am paying for, and why there is such a problem in getting through to a real person to speak to...and why it will take so long to have a working phone...

jb66
09-11-2013, 17:43
Thats poor, my area is next day visit