PDA

View Full Version : Coloured Zones

Nightdeamon
03-09-2013, 00:15
Hi Everyone,

Just wondered, What do the different coloured zones for the telephone service mean/represent. I know I'm in a red zone. Please be as technical as you like :)

N.D.

BenMcr
03-09-2013, 15:33
It's down to the telephone switch technology. Due to the fact that Virgin Media was originally was lots of different companies, then some chose different providers for telephony than others.

So depending on the switch technology used, the instructions for call features may be different, hence the different coloured zones

I think there is work going on at the moment to sort it all out, as some areas have moved zones over the last couple of years.

Nightdeamon
03-09-2013, 21:39
It's down to the telephone switch technology. Due to the fact that Virgin Media was originally was lots of different companies, then some chose different providers for telephony than others.

So depending on the switch technology used, the instructions for call features may be different, hence the different coloured zones

I think there is work going on at the moment to sort it all out, as some areas have moved zones over the last couple of years.

brilliant thanks, yes I remember when I was a student a few years ago and they sent us a letter saying we were changing zones. Which zone is everyone being moved to? Are there any plans for VoIP a la NGTV for the likes of the phone service? hopefully something is done to cut costs making for a more cost effective virgin landline phone service.

BenMcr
04-09-2013, 00:08
Which zone is everyone being moved to? Are there any plans for VoIP a la NGTV for the likes of the phone service? I think it's the Pink zone. As for any future plans, nothing announced at this stage