PDA

View Full Version : Line Rental Saver

Superblade7
31-08-2013, 10:56
Hi,

Quick question re: above. My LRS is due to expire shortly and I just wondered if anyone knew at what stage you can ring up and pay for the next 12 months?

Can it be before it expires, on the day it expires or does it need to expire first?

Cheers in advance for your assistance ;)

Mr Pharmacist
31-08-2013, 11:21
This might help. http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1855519 They say about a reminder letter you get. I'll be in the same situation myself in a couple of months so it's handy to know what happens.

noel43
31-08-2013, 20:37
Hi,

Quick question re: above. My LRS is due to expire shortly and I just wondered if anyone knew at what stage you can ring up and pay for the next 12 months?

Can it be before it expires, on the day it expires or does it need to expire first?

Cheers in advance for your assistance ;)

I got a reminder letter saying I could pay for the next year at the same price for 12 months £150.

dcclanuk
31-08-2013, 23:20
I got a reminder letter saying I could pay for the next year at the same price for 12 months £150.

I thought it was £120?

Superblade7
01-09-2013, 07:49
This might help. http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1855519 They say about a reminder letter you get. I'll be in the same situation myself in a couple of months so it's handy to know what happens.

Cheers guys, I'll wait for the letter as got a couple on months to go but just like to be prepared. :)

noel43
01-09-2013, 16:41
I thought it was £120?

Sorry you are correct £120 it is.

bonzoe
02-09-2013, 19:53
I got the reminder, said I could renew before 17 Sep for £120. My deal started November last.

Ken W
07-09-2013, 08:17
I got the reminder, said I could renew before 17 Sep for £120. My deal started November last.

I received my letter saying if I renewed by the end of September it would be £120 and if I left it to after that date it would be £150.

I renewed and the agent told me it would carry on from when my current line saver ends, I also received a conformation email.

rovert
17-09-2013, 13:58
Got VM letter inviting renewal of Line Rental Saver for £120 providing I pay by 7 October 2013. Last year I paid in advance for 12 months line rental which runs until 25 November 2013. I don't get why VM require payment to renew over 6 weeks before it is actually due. There is nothing in the letter to say what happens if I leave it till after 7 October. Anybody understand the logic in this?

BenMcr
17-09-2013, 14:07
Maybe it's down to your bill date and bill cycle i.e your 7th of October bill will cover a period past the 25th of November?

Therefore if you don't pay by the 7th October, you'll have a period of line rental not covered by LRS

alwaysabear
17-09-2013, 15:34
Got VM letter inviting renewal of Line Rental Saver for £120 providing I pay by 7 October 2013. Last year I paid in advance for 12 months line rental which runs until 25 November 2013. I don't get why VM require payment to renew over 6 weeks before it is actually due. There is nothing in the letter to say what happens if I leave it till after 7 October. Anybody understand the logic in this?

Same here I did the deal at the end of November and they want me to renew by 14 th October.

Ken W
17-09-2013, 16:42

The cost will increase to about £150

rovert
17-09-2013, 16:44
Maybe it's down to your bill date and bill cycle i.e your 7th of October bill will cover a period past the 25th of November?

Therefore if you don't pay by the 7th October, you'll have a period of line rental not covered by LRS

Surely a 7th October bill would only cover line rental up to 7th November had I not already paid it as part of LRS. Is it not normally only one month in advance if you are paying it monthly?

BenMcr
17-09-2013, 16:51
Surely a 7th October bill would only cover line rental up to 7th November had I not already paid it as part of LRS. Is it not normally only one month in advance if you are paying it monthly?Depends on the bit of the country you are in. Due to the multitude of billing systems each of the older cable companies used, in some areas the billing period starts after the bill date, and it some it starts slightly before.

Obviously, no matter what the bill date / service period relationship, you always get to see how much you are being charged before it comes out the bank account.

SilverLady
21-09-2013, 09:26
Well I hope you have better luck in renewing your annual line rental than I've had. I'm just off my 3rd month's call (and one letter to head office) trying to correct things.

I received renewal letter in July, phoned to query why 2 months early and was told about billing cycle dates, so paid the £120 over the phone then.

July bill £120 has been entered as credit to account and amount of monthly package bill deducted so nothing to be paid, BUT bill included £2.50 line rental. Phoned and assured it would be sorted. August bill again monthly cost deducted from this £120 credit!! - nothing to be paid but £14.99 rental included. Phoned again, told that I would have to pay the 2 uncharged monthly payments by credit card over the phone and assured of refund in September. September bill monthly package correctly charged and line rental shown as paid, but NO REFUND.

Identical letters received in July and August thanking me for renewing annual line rental.

Phoned again and told there will be refund next month. Agent agreed there would be refund, but did not understand query - he tried to tell me that paying in July would give me 14 months rental, so obviously 2 months would not be paid by the £120???

Waiting in suspense for bill next month.

On a completely minor point I pay my bill from Santander 123 account, so get 3% cashback from DDs but not from these payments I am having to make over the phone, so losing cashback as well.

bubblegun
22-09-2013, 01:13
The cost will increase to about £150

Isn't that the most expensive line rental "saver" on the market?

At £120 it was one of the best, but £150 is the worst.
Unless the line rental is going up to £16 soon of course?

RobboEdin
22-09-2013, 10:16
Isn't that the most expensive line rental "saver" on the market?

At £120 it was one of the best, but £150 is the worst.
Unless the line rental is going up to £16 soon of course?

Even at £150, it is a significant saving over 12 x £14.99 which is almost £180.

Mr Pharmacist
22-09-2013, 11:43
The cost will increase to about £150 That's not happening is it? Says nothing on the site page about it. Does anyone know how early they will accept the payment? Mines up in December.

Ken W
22-09-2013, 14:43
That's not happening is it? Says nothing on the site page about it. Does anyone know how early they will accept the payment? Mines up in December.

My LRA is up on Nov 24th 2013, I imeadiatly renewed it for another 12 months starting from Nov 24 2013 at at cost of £120.
I received a conformation email saying :-

Hello,

Thank you for taking Line Rental Saver again.

We've successfully received your payment of £120 via your debit/credit card. By paying in advance for 12 months of your line rental you are receiving a great saving of £59.88 from the full price of £179.88 "