PDA

View Full Version : Telephone extensions

Ryan92
17-07-2013, 14:28
In my house, I've 2 telephone extensions from BT and the newly fitted Virgin Media line in my bedroom where my superhub is also.

When I was younger and we had Virgin before (albeit it was Telewest at the time and in my mums name), all the extensions worked with the Telewest phone service and then when we moved to Sky, the lines then worked with their services. This time around, the Virgin phone service only works in the one phone connection box in the bedroom and nowhere else.

How would I get the other extentions to work with the virgin phone service, and what must have been done differently in this install compared to the one done the first time around during the Telewest era?

Stuart
17-07-2013, 14:55
If the installer had any reason to believe that the extension sockets were not fitted by Virgin Media (which is a reasonable assumption if you had no VM or Telewest phone line when he or she came), he or she would probably not have connected the extensions up. I don't know if it applies to extensions, but I know that VM will not install a new phone line into an existing master socket from another telephone company.

Pauls9
17-07-2013, 14:58
You'd need to disconnect the extensions from the incoming BT line and connect them to the VM socket.

DJSADERS
17-07-2013, 19:22
i'd guess that the vm installer had connected to the other telephone line before, liveing everything up, then sky would have disconnected virgin and connected to bt, however this time vm haven't done that they have put their own socket it, unless the virgin socket is near the bt one it will be a pain to connect them all up, as you would need to run the telephone extensions to the virgin socket