PDA

View Full Version : Talk 08 or not ...

Basisboy
03-06-2013, 17:14
I thought I has Talk 08 service on my VIP package.... well it says on my bill Talk 08 2... however I was charged when I made a call to Dell on an 0844 number.

Confused I wrote to VM.. The reply even more confusing...

"
Having looked at your account I can see you were charged for the call
made on 12 April 2013 as your call plan does not include calls to 0844
numbers. The Talk 08 call plan you have includes calls to 0845 and 0870
numbers only.

However, our Talk 08 £5.00 call plan includes 250 minutes a month to any
number beginning 08. If you'd like to upgrade to this call plan your
service rate would increase by £3.00 a month.
"

So they confirm as on my bill I'm Talk 08 ... but NOT the Talk 08 that gives call to 0844 numbers!!

How can you have two different services called the same name? Unless the "2" is the key... anyway very confusing and probably breaking the code of conduct?

BenMcr
03-06-2013, 17:19
Yes, the '2' is key as you can see here http://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/phone-review-the-legal-stuff.html

Talk 08 £2: Includes 250 minutes each month of direct dialled voice calls calls to UK numbers starting 0845 or 0870. You must keep your Talk 08 £2 package for at least 30 days. Available to Virgin Phone customers only. We reserve the right to vary the inclusive minutes within the Talk 08 £2 plan. We will publish these changes on our website, so check www.virginmedia.com/phone regularly. The changes will take effect when posted on the website. Further terms and conditions apply, see virginmedia.com for details.

Talk 08 £5
Includes 250 minutes each month of direct dialled voice calls calls to UK numbers starting 08. You must keep your Talk 08 £5 package for at least 30 days. Available to Virgin Phone customers only. We reserve the right to vary the inclusive minutes within the Talk 08 £5 plan. We will publish these changes on our website, so check www.virginmedia.com/phone regularly. The changes will take effect when posted on the website. Further terms and conditions apply, see virginmedia.com for details.

And also page 6 of the Phone Review Call Cost document http://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/150513-Residential-Phone-Review-V1.pdf

Basisboy
03-06-2013, 17:28
Thanks Ben. I understand now ... Talk 08 2 doesn't include 0844 numbers!
If there was any feedback to VM then maybe call the Talk 08 2 service something else...