PDA

View Full Version : Gran Turismo 6

Uncle Peter
15-05-2013, 17:31
"Old" news but it's official now:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-05-15-gran-turismo-6-is-official-boasts-1200-cars

1200 cars? but how many are detailed?

Will it be released for PS4?

Answers on the back of a postage stamp.

denphone
15-05-2013, 17:42
Yes l have bought the GT series from the originals on PS1 so l am looking forward to the next instalment.

adzii_nufc
15-05-2013, 18:57
Will buy it as I always do but Gran Turismo lost me for Forza a long time ago. Except Forza Horizon of course.

pabscars
15-05-2013, 19:15
Gets my juices going too, GT5 was/is an epic game, it has about 1000 cars in that if I remember correctly, GT6 looks set to be another masterpiece.

---------- Post added at 19:15 ---------- Previous post was at 19:12 ----------

Will buy it as I always do but Gran Turismo lost me for Forza a long time ago. Except Forza Horizon of course.

Agreed, Forza 4 is pretty awesome

Stephen
15-05-2013, 21:12
Oddly its due this year and on the PS3.

I'd have hoped and thought that it would have been released as a PS4 launch title...

Still never completed GT5...got bored have been playing since the first GT on the original Playstation. At the time it was the most amazing game. Recently Forza has left it eating dust.

Uncle Peter
16-05-2013, 01:12
Forza is undoubtedly a more complete package but there's enough about GT5 to set it apart: When you play GT5 with a decent wheel it opens up a whole new world of enjoyment, it's something that Forza just can't touch at the moment.

Then there's that whole petrol-head anorak thing, having some cars that are really difficult to get hold of and only pop up in the used dealer every once in a while, well you just don't get that anywhere else.. ok they may have gone ott on the Skylines again but some of the classic vehicles you'll never see in any other driving game.

The seasonal challenges were a brilliant idea and a quick-win in terms of extending the longevity of the game, one of the defining things that set GT5 apart form any of the previous games.

Some may say that GT6 could be the game that GT5 should have been: no re-hashed PS2 graphics assets, better sound and improved online play. If that's all they've done then I would certainly be happy. PS4 launch title would be nice but Polyphony seem to have adopted a catch-up culture so it's probably unlikely.

Drive Club seems to be the one people are watching in terms of launch titles but I have a sneaking suspicion that will turn out to be a load of cack like Forza Horizon.

adzii_nufc
16-05-2013, 08:42
Drive club will be a pile, It is in the same league as Horizon and Shift and whilst fun to play as a casual racer it's nothing to Forza and GT.

Project Cars will be releasing on PC/Consoles later this year.

pabscars
16-05-2013, 10:51
I wonder if GT6 will have crazy ass cars like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGbc-VZ9ap0

Took me an age to unlock it, and it goes like a stabbed rat

Simply nuts

Uncle Peter
26-05-2013, 17:18
I wonder if GT6 will have crazy ass cars like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGbc-VZ9ap0

Took me an age to unlock it, and it goes like a stabbed rat

Simply nuts

Won't be driving that around the Green Hell that's for sure.

There have been quite a few supposedly credible rumours kicking about, one of them being that all of the cars for GT5 will be included in the new game. That probably means a fair few of them will be the old graphics assets.

Seven new tracks apparently; two of them being Silverstone and Bathurst (YES!)

dilli-theclaw
02-07-2013, 15:16
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a494986/gran-turismo-6-demo-out-today-new-trailer-released.html

Uncle Peter
02-12-2013, 11:35
Out on Friday. Anyone bothering?

I've pre-ordered the Anniversary Edition, can't wait!

denphone
02-12-2013, 11:58

l shall wait until the price depreciates a bit.

adzii_nufc
02-12-2013, 13:45

Nope. Now I've seen the disaster that is GT5 I don't see the point. they'll have the usual non textured interior followed with PS2 cars. There's no excuse for this stuff with a game supposed of quality.

Uncle Peter
02-12-2013, 14:25
I thought GT5 was great. Really looking forward to the new physics modelling and giving my own car a good thrashing around the green hell to evaluate how realistic it really is.

Stephen
03-12-2013, 00:28
I've bought and enjoyed every GT since the first one but 5 bored me. I never got more than 4% through the game so will probably give this one a miss.

Uncle Peter
04-12-2013, 17:20
There's a feature here on the new menu system which looks a lot more streamlined and responsive than the mess in GT5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUuRbgVSR8I

Unfortunately not much more though because there's a review embargo in place until 8am Friday. Maybe just as well really because there's a day one patch (which will probably fix all manner of things).

One welcome addition is that you can actually upgrade your brakes this time which, in the real world is the first thing you should really consider before shovelling out more BHP!

Stephen
06-12-2013, 20:52
I said I wasn't going to bother due to the micro transactions, but I can't resist it. Probably going for the anniversary edition from Game.

SnoopZ
06-12-2013, 20:53
Save your money Steve towards a next gen console.

Stephen
06-12-2013, 21:42
Save your money Steve towards a next gen console.
No monies are involved. I'll be trading in some old game.

adzii_nufc
06-12-2013, 22:04
Someone give me a heads up on whether it's another game filled with PS2 cars and horrid interiors or if they've actually got a tonne more premium stuff this time round.

SnoopZ
06-12-2013, 22:15
Someone give me a heads up on whether it's another game filled with PS2 cars and horrid interiors or if they've actually got a tonne more premium stuff this time round.

Here's a video review, it looks so dated to me after playing Forza 5, but doesn't mean it isn't good.

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2013/12/06/gran-turismo-6-video-review

Uncle Peter
07-12-2013, 00:55

There are still a lot of legacy assets but the models have been improved and tidied up. On the other hand there are a ton more "premium" cars.

In any case this game is about enjoying the driving dynamics rather than admiring how many polygons have been used to render the heating vents. Don't forget that when Polyphony collected the data for the cars which were included in GT2 they collected more data than they could actually model in the game at the time.

The new handling model is the big win. GT5 was decent, this is something else. Lateral weight transfer plays a far bigger part in how you approach driving some of the cars, particularly the mid-engine ones that will get you into trouble if you're not careful. Body roll has a tangible effect on both the handling and the visual effects.

The downside is that the sound is still crap but this is due to change in subsequent patches. Even up until a few weeks ago Polyphony were patching GT5 with updates and improvements so I expect the same will be true for this one.

Stephen
07-12-2013, 09:43
Here's a video review, it looks so dated to me after playing Forza 5, but doesn't mean it isn't good.

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2013/12/06/gran-turismo-6-video-review
How can you even compare it to Forza 5? Thats a next gen game and GT6 is still on the PS3.

SnoopZ
07-12-2013, 09:48
How can you even compare it to Forza 5? Thats a next gen game and GT6 is still on the PS3.

I was just stating there was a huge difference, as a lot of people have been saying next gen games looked very similar to last gen, I wasn't really seriously comparing.

Stephen
07-12-2013, 09:59
Well after watching that review I think I will stick with Forza 4 till I can get an Xbox One and Forza 5.

Seems that Polyphony have been very lazy indeed and just reused a lot of textures models and sounds from GT2/3/4/5.

as for 1200 cars, I'd rather a game have half that and make them all looks stunning. Quality over quantity!

SnoopZ
07-12-2013, 12:15
I couldn't agree more.

Uncle Peter
09-12-2013, 01:10
I've loved every minute of it up to now.

Tracks (the ones that matter) - Check

Handling - Check

Racing - Check

Tangible damage penalty and mechanical failures would be nice in future updates. Don't know why they bothered with the interior views in any of the cars tbh, complete waste of time when you're racing.