PDA

View Full Version : Advance Line Rental Payment

Firmsky
24-04-2013, 18:36
I'm currently exploring my options with alternative providers for my services as my contract with VM is due up on the 1st June 2013 and want to explore if I could save money and get a better deal elsewhere.

In Jan this year to try and cut costs we decided to pay the £120 up front cost for line rental which I still think is a great deal.

What happens to that money should we give our 30 days notice next week?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.:)

Sorry MODs if this should be in the billing section or not?

Ken W
24-04-2013, 18:43
I'm currently exploring my options with alternative providers for my services as my contract with VM is due up on the 1st June 2013 and want to explore if I could save money and get a better deal elsewhere.

In Jan this year to try and cut costs we decided to pay the £120 up front cost for line rental which I still think is a great deal.

This is an extract from the Virgin Media about advance phone line saver.

http://store.virginmedia.com/phone/phone-fibre-optic/about-virgin-media-fibre-optic/line-rental-saver.html

" If you cancel Line Rental Saver within seven working days of your order you will get a full refund of your advance payment to the debit or credit card you paid with. Otherwise the advance payment is non-refundable."

nodrogd
24-04-2013, 19:09

Does what is says on the tin!
You have got a guaranteed fixed price for 12 months by paying a non refundable lump sum in advance.

Firmsky
24-04-2013, 19:20
Thanks for that guys, will teach me to read the T&Cs next time! Ah well I'll be honest with VM and say I'm not leaving but would like a better price to renew my contract!

boragthung
27-04-2013, 16:11
I'm in a similar situation where my current deal is to 1 May 2013 but I also prepaid line rental in January 2013. I couldn't afford to prepay before that time as there are only 2 months in the year when the council tax doesn't come out of the bank so I then have that amount available for other things.

I am considering I might drop the TVXL and V+ box if they try to bump up the price beyond what I'm paying now (£41 plus rental) then drop the Phone and BB next Jan to get BT fibre instead. Left BT for NTL 12 years ago so I think I have been way too loyal as I have paid over the odds for quite a few years in that period.