PDA

View Full Version : Charged for 'free' calls to Virgin mobiles

Osem
27-02-2013, 08:17
Last night I checked my bill for January and found I've been charged for several calls to Virgin Mobile numbers which should have been free as I have the Talk Unlimited service. I called 150 and got the charges refunded but wasn't left feeling very confident about whether the problem still exits. A brief search revealed other people have been having this problem but the rep. I spoke to gave the impression he'd never heard of this happening.

Suggest everyone who uses the free call facility checks their current and recent bills carefully.

spj20016
21-03-2013, 10:17
This has happened to me this month. Phoned customer service and they refunded straight away with a little on top for compensation (which I didn't ask for). So make sure you check your bill, I don't know if it would have been refunded if I didn't call.

Osem
22-03-2013, 11:21
My new bill is due and I'll be checking it carefully. I wonder how many people are being charged and don't realise it. Perhaps VM ought to publish an alert warning people of this issue.

TheOriginalMrC
24-03-2013, 20:21
Hiya,

It appears they may be automatically crediting back overcharges for the billing error now (at least they have for me).

I noticed the other day that I had been charged for calls to mobile included within the calling bundle, but wasn't able to get through to customer support when tried calling.

Went to check today before calling tomorrow, and there is now a credit for the overbill applied to the account.

Guess if everyone is over billed for a month before credit, then there might be some interest gained, but good to see that it's being automatically credited to the account.

"Just coz I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't watching"

Osem
27-03-2013, 20:12
Just had my bill and there are no more charges for calls to Virgin mobiles. Looks like they've sorted it.