PDA

View Full Version : phone line hell!!!

paulomarco
15-01-2013, 14:14
no working landline for 15 months and finally bit the bullet and signed up to bt for new phone line.when contacted virgin they said because of package,no real savings cud b made.however they are still planning to take line rental off me 4 a line not working100% and will not b using again once bt is set up.can anyone give me some advice wot i can do

MovedGoalPosts
15-01-2013, 14:17
Why has the phone line not worked for so long, and why are they unable to repair it? How much have you been complaining to VM, and in what form? Anything documented in writing? Presumably the charges for line rental over that period have been refunded?

paulomarco
15-01-2013, 16:06
Thanx 4 reply.problems with cable.been out 10-12 times.complained thru phone,letter and newspaper.bit of refund in jan 12 and jan 13.not the total for lack of service.

MovedGoalPosts
15-01-2013, 16:54
I assume you have been in contact with the CEO office: neil.berkett@virginmedia.co.uk ?

Problem with getting a future reduction in billing, even with the phone line moved to BT so you don't need a VM one, is that broadband and TV services are usually sold with the phone line as a required add on, albeit at an extra cost for that phone line. If you don't take the phone line, a broadband / TV service may not be available, or the cost of that service may rise disproportionately. It's quite likely that similar telcos' like BT have similar phone line rental requirements if you want other services from them.

nodrogd
17-01-2013, 17:39
TV & Broadband are available without the phone line, as you can see by using the Bundle Builder on VM's website. The only thing you don't get is the triple play discount. The new Virgin 'Collections' are the exception, where a phone line must be taken.

dave_dph
25-01-2013, 10:19
If you are keeping VM cable broadband you can use a voip telephone service rather than pay BT line rental.