PDA

View Full Version : Bill Summary.

mike @ home
21-12-2012, 10:26
Hi all, I have just got my bill by email and saw this on the bill:

Great extras from Virgin Media

Did you know you can call our very own directory enquiries number for free from your Virgin Media home phone? Just dial 118180. And we've even included calls to 0870 numbers and Virgin Mobiles in your home phone plan. It's just two little ways we like to help you save money. For more info and t&c's see virginmedia.com/extras

Now the bit that says "and Virgin Mobiles in your home phone plan" does that mean if our lass phones me up on the house phone to my mobile it's a free call ? ( I'm on a sim only contract with vm.)

multiskilled
21-12-2012, 19:14
Yes if you have sim registered with virgin mobile. I phone my daughter for free and she uses a pay as you go phone.

mike @ home
21-12-2012, 22:47
Yes if you have sim registered with virgin mobile. I phone my daughter for free and she uses a pay as you go phone.

Thanks for the answer, just one more, we are on free weekend calls so does this only apply on weekends or can my wife call my mob any time on our house phone ?

multiskilled
23-12-2012, 17:02
Just within your call plan evenings and weekends.Might be worth upgrading if your wife likes to phone during the day.

Qtx
29-12-2012, 17:38
Worth double checking but I think the free virgin home to virgin mobile calls has a requirement that the virgin sim mobile makes at least one call a month or something like that to keep it registered. Can't remember the specifics but worth confirming so you don't get caught out with charges.

nodrogd
03-01-2013, 10:24
From Virgin's T&C's:

...Calls to Virgin Mobile numbers: Unlimited calls to Virgin Mobile numbers in the UK are included if mobile numbers have been active in the previous 90 days (i.e. a chargeable call, text or data session has been made). Call categories are aligned with your home phone talk plan. Re‐dial before 60 minutes to avoid call charges....

Gadgie
05-01-2013, 21:19
We have all 3 services and pay our VM bill by direct debit, yet on the last few phone bills we have been charged for calling 0845 numbers, which we have never called?

In fact we make a point of not calling them, as we get the 01 number from....saynoto 0845 web site.

When we called VM to ask why we are being charged, they just insist that we have, and must pay for these non dialled calls:confused: