PDA

View Full Version : "incoming call" ?

Gavin78
27-09-2012, 11:39
I've been getting this come up on my phone for about 3 weeks now rings about 8 times a day and starts from around 7am and goes through to around 9pm.

I have caller ID and this is how it displays it yet when I go into the phone logs it shows that no call has been made and when I do 1471 it only gives the last number before that called.

Its not registering the call...google search comes up with answers that its a company holding all information from abroad so wont even register a number or anything like that.

Anyone else had this it just seems a bit strange that nothing at all is registered?

arcimedes
27-09-2012, 13:12
It probably depends on what your phone is. I have a BT phone which only displays the last time a specific number called .eg. if there were 5 calls which would display WITHHELD you only know whwn the last call was made whereas the calls list on our digital BT phone logs every call.

Gavin78
27-09-2012, 15:46
No on my phone it tells me the last 50 calls withheld or not or if a number has called I can't remember if they log more than one call from the same number on the same day or whether it just tells me the latest time they called.

As an example on these phones I can blacklist numbers so the phone wont ring when they call it just rejects it. I have been getting calls from a number that lists as 00000000 so I've been blocking that one.

But on my days off work like today for example "incoming call" has been coming up on my phone of course I wont answer it as dont know who it is.

But on my phones it has a little symbol to say when I call has been missed so I can at least go into the phone logs and see who has called.

However this incoming call doesn't do that its not registered in the phone as a missed call at all and when I ring 1471 after the phone has stopped calling it doesn't even register that call only whoever called before that.

Its strange maybe I will answer next time

SilverLady
30-09-2012, 17:38
This seems to be some kind of "blip" on caller display. I've had "CALL" appear a few times over the last couple of weeks. I assumed it was the same as WITHHELD and didn't answer but found out the last one had been a genuine call from my son's phone. Like you when I search the call log, it doesn't appear.