PDA

View Full Version : Did i have a repull?

en3rmax
10-09-2012, 15:33
Hi there some years ago I had blueyonder broadband fitted, I remember back the engineer having some problems with the power levels, so a more clued up engineer came and said the other engineer had sorted out the stinger in the cab with the coax braid. I was wondering did I have a cable repull? because I had to bury the green conduit which has been sticking up in my garden for ages and noticed that I had 2 rg11 coax but one is not used.

I installed the white cat5e for my home network.

Here is a picture

http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii527/greenfingerz12/SAM_1728Copy.jpg

jb66
10-09-2012, 15:58
looks like it

judgey
10-09-2012, 23:08
well if you got 2 RG11 cables and one is not used then i would assume that you have had a repull

en3rmax
10-09-2012, 23:17
There seems to be 2 green conduits in the ground with each of those rg11's in them, Oh my post above was supposed to say the other engineer had shorted out the stinger. I don't think i can edit my post once others have replied.

philce
12-09-2012, 12:37
The bend on the coax going into the house is too tight.
Can you get some slack back outside?

en3rmax
12-09-2012, 13:40
I thought the coax was bent to tight, I don't think the engineer who did that had a clue, I might change that as i have some virgin quad shield and some ppc compression fittings.

en3rmax
12-09-2012, 19:34
I've changed the bent piece of coax now for some quad shield with ppc connectors, I've thought for ages that was way to much of a bend.

I've tried my best to not get a sharp bend and still allow it to fit in the omnibox

Download Failed (1)

Iandoom3
12-09-2012, 21:25
I've changed the bent piece of coax now for some quad shield with ppc connectors, I've thought for ages that was way to much of a bend.

I've tried my best to not get a sharp bend and still allow it to fit in the omnibox

http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii527/greenfingerz12/SAM_1731Copy.jpg

Much better, but no drip loop into the house. Meaning when it rains, water can travel down that black cable into the unsealed hole, into the house. Minor I know but in a few years you may have rotten connections indoors or rotten wallpaper.

en3rmax
12-09-2012, 22:22
Much better, but no drip loop into the house. Meaning when it rains, water can travel down that black cable into the unsealed hole, into the house. Minor I know but in a few years you may have rotten connections indoors or rotten wallpaper.

I didn't want to bend the cable too much as that was it's natural path, I always fill the hole with clear silicone after, Virgin installed with no drip loop, no water has ever got in as it's in a place down the side of my house where not much water gets to.

Foo Fighter
12-09-2012, 22:25
aye i would sort that drip loop and that white internal cat5 would drive me nuts lol it will go brittle and start cracking depending on what the weathers like there or proximity to the sea.

en3rmax
12-09-2012, 22:55
I might change the cat5e to external in the future, The jacket is pretty tough on that as it's not like normal cat5e jacket. I live miles away from the sea so it will be alright for now :-)