PDA

View Full Version : Cable installed today

5876roger
07-08-2012, 17:25
Had my cable installed today, have to say it all went fairly well, they don't like burying the cable do they.... that said having lifted the block path my self all I have to do is see if I can get it back down properly.

So far so good phone and tv working well and hoping the speed test will build up to the 60 meg I ordered it is already much faster than the BT I had.

RB2004
07-08-2012, 18:19
Nope they don't like burying it lol they say 6" is most they will bury it, but half the time it's significantly less than that.. For electrical cables the regulations state 12" deep so while not electrical that's the guidance they should be burying them as It makes sense and lessens the likelihood of damage.. but I think it's more time and laziness that prevents them from doing so.

Last time I had a repull one team came and pulled the cable and left it coiled up, then over weekend I buried it myself to 12" lol did it properly, then team came on Monday and they weren't too happy I had done their job for them so I turned them away but at least it was done properly.