PDA

View Full Version : Want to return to virgin - says im already a customer

Temeraire
30-07-2012, 19:41
I made the mistake of switching to Sky last year and I want to come back to Virgin. Have been online to have a look at what I want but it when it goes through to the finer details it says 'this household already has virgin services' - I don't!!!

I have a long term illness which affects my concentration and I find it really difficult to take in and also get my point across via phone so I was really wanting to sort it all out over the internet, if possible.

Any one know why they still have me down as receiving services from them? It was my belief that after 3 months you were classed as a new customer again and able to take advantage of the new customer offers so if I can, I certainly want to!

Any advice?

Peter_
30-07-2012, 20:31
Call tomorrow after 0800 on 151 from a Virginmedia phone line or 0845 454 1111 from any other phone line and speak to an agent about getting services, you obviously are not a customer as you would be receiving bills.

Temeraire
30-07-2012, 20:54
Like I said, I struggle with phone calls. If it has to be discussed then i'll go to my local virgin media shop but was hoping I might be able to sort it out via online contact really.

I just wanted to know why this might have happened AND will I be able to get the new customer offers. I'll switch even if I can't but if I am entitled to them then I need to know

spiderplant
30-07-2012, 21:22
I think you are not classed as a new customer until 6 months. Do you know exactly when you left?

Temeraire
30-07-2012, 22:05
yup, September 25th last year so well over six months now.

I'm just confused as to why their system shows that my household is currently receiving services when it isn't.

spiderplant
30-07-2012, 23:41
Is the building split into flats maybe? Anyway, I think you will need to go into the shop to discuss it. You can't discuss account issues online because of the difficulty of verifying your identity.