PDA

View Full Version : Well Done VM

ruddock08
12-06-2012, 16:03
Didn't quite know where to post this but thought it was well overdue considering this website is majority filled with negative rather than positive (understandable).

I started with Virgin Media 4 years ago now. I was originally with Demon for ADSL Broadband and recieved a maximum of 1.5 Mbps. When checking with Virgin, the rest of our Cul-De-Sac were on the list for services but we weren't. After contacting Virgin, it was due to the fact our front door had moved and in fact we could get services.

They sent an agent out who sat down with us, explained the options and we agreed to take 10Mbps (L) Broadband and XL Phone w/Line Rental for £25 a month. Install went perfectly, all the services were great - the increase in speed was amazing! A few weeks later, I phoned up to see how much 20Mb Broadband would be - I was told I could have it for £3 more a month and I agreed and I was instantly upgraded. Needless to say, that year the service was absolutely fantastic - no problems at all.

Second year, and due to the massive loyalty discount that was changing - we decided to add XL TV with V+ - increasing our bill to £48 a month. This again, was installed perfectly and although we did have a few problems with V+, the engineer came out and even phoned a friend to get us a new Samsung V+ which apparently has a lot less problems. He also gave us a new hub for our Broadband which had a wireless router built in.

Third year, and we decided to take advantage of the Tivo offer and so had a new 500GB Tivo box put in and the V+ moved upstairs. Again, absolutely flawless and bills only went up by £4. Even got the free 0845 calls due to the 'Tickle'. Tivo is fantastic! Had the offer through the post about £30 to upgrade to 30Mb broadband but declined due to the fact that 20Mb was more than sufficient. They also upgraded the upload speeds to 2Mb - thanks!

Rung up this year to negotiate a new contract. Managed to get 30Mb Broadband - 10Mb upgrade, Tivo, V+, Caller Display, XL Phone and Line Rental - all for £52 a month - spot on Virgin Media!

Enough with my life story - but it's just to say for all the negative things people say about Virgin Media - the majority of the time IMO they are absolutely fantastic - constantly offering new deals and cutting costs if they understand you don't need an upgrade (this year alone they'll be saving me £96!!)

Sirius
12-06-2012, 17:07
Didn't quite know where to post this but thought it was well overdue considering this website is majority filled with negative rather than positive (understandable).

I started with Virgin Media 4 years ago now. I was originally with Demon for ADSL Broadband and recieved a maximum of 1.5 Mbps. When checking with Virgin, the rest of our Cul-De-Sac were on the list for services but we weren't. After contacting Virgin, it was due to the fact our front door had moved and in fact we could get services.

They sent an agent out who sat down with us, explained the options and we agreed to take 10Mbps (L) Broadband and XL Phone w/Line Rental for £25 a month. Install went perfectly, all the services were great - the increase in speed was amazing! A few weeks later, I phoned up to see how much 20Mb Broadband would be - I was told I could have it for £3 more a month and I agreed and I was instantly upgraded. Needless to say, that year the service was absolutely fantastic - no problems at all.

Second year, and due to the massive loyalty discount that was changing - we decided to add XL TV with V+ - increasing our bill to £48 a month. This again, was installed perfectly and although we did have a few problems with V+, the engineer came out and even phoned a friend to get us a new Samsung V+ which apparently has a lot less problems. He also gave us a new hub for our Broadband which had a wireless router built in.

Third year, and we decided to take advantage of the Tivo offer and so had a new 500GB Tivo box put in and the V+ moved upstairs. Again, absolutely flawless and bills only went up by £4. Even got the free 0845 calls due to the 'Tickle'. Tivo is fantastic! Had the offer through the post about £30 to upgrade to 30Mb broadband but declined due to the fact that 20Mb was more than sufficient. They also upgraded the upload speeds to 2Mb - thanks!

Rung up this year to negotiate a new contract. Managed to get 30Mb Broadband - 10Mb upgrade, Tivo, V+, Caller Display, XL Phone and Line Rental - all for £52 a month - spot on Virgin Media!

Enough with my life story - but it's just to say for all the negative things people say about Virgin Media - the majority of the time IMO they are absolutely fantastic - constantly offering new deals and cutting costs if they understand you don't need an upgrade (this year alone they'll be saving me £96!!)

I bet this thread will fill up with anti super hub posts ;)

But glad you got what you wanted :tu:

Peter_
12-06-2012, 17:12
The thing is the service actually works for more than 99% of customers and only a small minority actually post on forums such as this one, probably less than a thousand posters over all forums.

The result below is taken from my machine hardwired while the wife is streaming some BBC Iplayer programme wirelessly in the other room.

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2012/06/66.png

Maggy
12-06-2012, 17:33
Hopefully there won't be any hijacking of this thread by off topic postings.

carlwaring
12-06-2012, 17:34
The thing is the service actually works for more than 99% of customers and only a small minority actually post on forums such as this one, probably less than a thousand posters over all forums.
Which is exactly what tell people; but I get branded a "fan-boy" and sometimes put on ignore because of it.

The truth is that, overall, there nothing wrong with VM's services. Just some bad patches which, of course, need sorting out.

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2012/06/65.png

(I'm only not getting 3mb upload as got my speed-double early on request.)

jungleguy
14-06-2012, 23:37
erm I think I was the agent that set up your original account......do you live in Colchester CO3 area? and have you appeared on the Apprentice yet? I remember you!!

DJSADERS
16-06-2012, 22:07
:) this was a nice read :)

It's good to think that some people actually respect and like the hard work that the engineers do to get customers up and running...

:) thanks

ruddock08
17-06-2012, 20:30
erm I think I was the agent that set up your original account......do you live in Colchester CO3 area? and have you appeared on the Apprentice yet? I remember you!!

That's the one!! We still have your business card stuck up somewhere (The funky ones that say Favourite Band: Lemon Jelly ;))

jungleguy
20-06-2012, 22:26
yes it was me, and yes Lemon Jelly is on my card. how funny