PDA

View Full Version : 50M Free upgrade 30Mb-60Mb on request

ssr
27-04-2012, 13:50
At present I am on a 3 month free upgrade from 10Mb to 30Mb, as 2 months has passed I rang retentions to enquire about an upgrade to 60MB for the final month to try before I buy. He did a manual upgrade as we spoke.
I have not noticed much difference except a 5.7Mb torrent download shortly after.
I am in the Teesside area.
It does no harm to ask I believe
The torrent download was superhub wireless connection

General Maximus
27-04-2012, 19:00
yeah, when you get to those sort of speeds, and especially 100mbit, the only time i really benefit from the speed is when you use multiple connections on stuff like torrrents and newsgroups. If they are something you use a lot it is defo worth having the speed because they fly.

broadbandking
27-04-2012, 19:57
At present I am on a 3 month free upgrade from 10Mb to 30Mb, as 2 months has passed I rang retentions to enquire about an upgrade to 60MB for the final month to try before I buy. He did a manual upgrade as we spoke.
I have not noticed much difference except a 5.7Mb torrent download shortly after.
I am in the Teesside area.
It does no harm to ask I believe
The torrent download was superhub wireless connection

You won't see much difference in web browsing but deffo from download esp newsgroup, torrents all depending on the upload you get from the seeds and leechers.