PDA

View Full Version : Superhub Superhub and computer sleep problem

keithc440
21-04-2012, 20:25
I installed my new Virgin Media Superhub yesterday and it's working fine. Only thing is my computer will not wake from sleep mode. I have to pull the power cable out of the back of the PC as holding on the power on button for several seconds does not do anything. The PC then 'resumes windows' and wakes slowly to where the PC last was when it was awake. Very strange.
Is there any connection between the new superhub install and the problems I now have with sleep mode with my computer ?

Peter_
21-04-2012, 20:26
No it will be a PC issue as the Superhub has no control of your equipment it only supplies broadband.

thenry
21-04-2012, 21:05
could be system specs, virus, bloated system

craigj2k12
21-04-2012, 21:54
Try disbling WOL on your PC see if that makes a difference? They did patch a few things with the WOL feature a couple of firmwares ago, maybe they made a mess of it?

Sephiroth
21-04-2012, 22:04
How can it not be the SH? LOL.

Skie
21-04-2012, 23:45
Try disbling WOL on your PC see if that makes a difference? They did patch a few things with the WOL feature a couple of firmwares ago, maybe they made a mess of it?

I was thinking this.

Hold down the windows key and the pause/break key. Find the device manager (on the left in windows 7 and vista), then look at network adapters. Right click on your adapter, then hunt around for any option that lets you disable the device from waking your machine when its asleep.

Long shot, but worth a try.

General Maximus
22-04-2012, 08:53
sleep mode puts everything into ram so pulling the power cable out the back and cutting power should erase it should cause the pc to boot normally or go to the recovery screen asking you if you want to boot into safe mode. It defo shouldnt "wake slowly" to where you were before.

kwikbreaks
22-04-2012, 09:14
"Wakes slowly" sounds like it's coming out of hibernation rather than sleep. The real question is why is it hibernating instead of sleeping and the most likely answer is the settings so check in your power options to find what it is set to do.

Is it the Superhub? Well I've seen lots of problems attributed to it and some probably are caused by it but I seriously doubt that connecting to it in any way whatsoever can cause this one.

Did the installer touch your machine? The ones I've had round weren't the sharpest knives in the box - I wouldn't have trusted the "senior engineer" who came round because they couldn't get the first two Superhubs working on any of my kit unsupervised as what he said was enough to show he was more qualified in BS than IT.

ferretuk
22-04-2012, 11:57
How can it not be the SH? LOL.

Reminds me of when the electricity board got the blame for everything in a Not The Nine O'Clock News "That's Life" sketch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2QZprRgxDc

Sephiroth
23-04-2012, 13:06
Reminds me of when the electricity board got the blame for everything in a Not The Nine O'Clock News "That's Life" sketch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2QZprRgxDc

Ferret

You da man!

Stephen
23-04-2012, 13:31
Ok, back on topic please.