PDA

View Full Version : Superhub Resetting Superhub to get on different channel

Bullstein
17-04-2012, 12:13
Previously I read somewhere that persevering with this can help get a better connection, however after 2 hours and many resets to factory defaults I was always put on channel 3. So I assumed that was the only 1 available.

However my Internet connection for ps3 gaming has been perfect over the past 2 days, since my last reset, better than its ever been on my 50MB service. I then noticed that I'm now on channel 10

Why is this? Is it likely that channel 10 is less utilised?
If so, how can you get on it if connection was lost and I was back on 3?

General Maximus
17-04-2012, 19:24
1) when you reset the shub I believe the cmts will assign you to the least congested channel but that doesnt always work
2) if you are on 50mbit you shouldnt be on 1 channel but 4 and the shub should load balance across all 4 channels. As an example, I am using channels 24, 25, 26 and 27 atm.

thenry
17-04-2012, 19:42
are you talking about what General states or the wireless channels?

craigj2k12
17-04-2012, 20:11
your both wrong ;)

he will be talking about upstream channel, as general says, it should be picking the lowest utilised but it doesnt always work, a few factory resets of the superhub can 'force' it into changing upstream

kwikbreaks
17-04-2012, 22:30
I don't argue that logically it looks like a question about upstream but does that stretch as high as channel 10? I've never seen any stats showing an upstream channel that high.

I'm guessing the OP really was talking about wireless channels in which case it is better to use ethernet and if that isn't practical use InSSIDer (http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/) to find the least used channel locally and set the Superhub to that one. I've seen claims that on auto it can actually pick the worst channel.

Neo-Tech
17-04-2012, 22:33
Lock Status Modulation Channel ID Max Raw Bit Rate Frequency Power
Locked ATDMA 41 20480 Kbits/sec 45800000 Hz 31.5 dBmV

:p

Bullstein
17-04-2012, 23:28
I'm talking about Upstream Channel ID

Whatever that is

boroboi
17-04-2012, 23:39
You don't even need to reset to factory defaults.

I pressed the power button on my hub as i'd cloned a different MAC address to my router and needed to reset it, upon powering itself back on, it chose channel 4 instead of channel 3 that it was on previously and took about half the time to lock itself in.

kwikbreaks
18-04-2012, 08:51
Lock Status Modulation Channel ID Max Raw Bit Rate Frequency Power
Locked ATDMA 41 20480 Kbits/sec 45800000 Hz 31.5 dBmV

:p
Yep you're right. In fact I just looked at my own and it says channel 49 - same 45.8MHz as yours as it happens. I reckon they must have renumbered the channels as mine were always 3 or 4 in the past and I'm pretty sure all of the stats I looked at were low numbers too. I know my downstreams were renumbered some time back but the frequencies didn't change.

Neo-Tech
18-04-2012, 10:01
Yep you're right. In fact I just looked at my own and it says channel 49 - same 45.8MHz as yours as it happens. I reckon they must have renumbered the channels as mine were always 3 or 4 in the past and I'm pretty sure all of the stats I looked at were low numbers too. I know my downstreams were renumbered some time back but the frequencies didn't change.
Looking at my previous stats... I think you are right. My downstreams channels were never in the three digits. Though my frequencies did change from 402750000Hz to 299000000Hz etc. (depending on which channel my 255 locked on to), that was when I was moved from the legacy to the hybrid DOCSIS network. :p Ah well... guess I'm going a bit off-topic now..,

Chrysalis
18-04-2012, 11:29

Today mine renumbered from 7 to 57, the same time as they added extra downstream channels.