PDA

View Full Version : 50M Superhub as modem and old 10meg Netgear router as 'router'

Danny C 2k
15-04-2012, 23:20
Hey guys, I was having an outage earlier today. I received the Network Access: denied status on the superhub page. I decided to chance my arm and put it on modem mode with my old Netgear. It worked!

On to the topic: Will I still get my 50mb speeds through a Wired connection or can the Netgear router not handle it?

Model WGR614v9

thenry
15-04-2012, 23:45
call VM for a replacement SuperHub.

and spec wise it should be able to handle 50meg wired although I wouldn't trust it. I'd buy an upgrade router if your going to use your own.

Peter_
16-04-2012, 07:02
Hey guys, I was having an outage earlier today. I received the Network Access: denied status on the superhub page. I decided to chance my arm and put it on modem mode with my old Netgear. It worked!

On to the topic: Will I still get my 50mb speeds through a Wired connection or can the Netgear router not handle it?

Model WGR614v9
That router is a g so only good for a maximum of 25Mb, why not buy yourself a decent N router instead.

Neo-Tech
16-04-2012, 14:38
call VM for a replacement SuperHub.

and spec wise it should be able to handle 50meg wired although I wouldn't trust it. I'd buy an upgrade router if your going to use your own.

Why do you always suggest replacing the SuperHub? It could be a network fault for all we know. Usually it is. I've had this a few times and had to wait a few hours for my connection to return.

thenry
16-04-2012, 16:18
i dont always suggest replacing the SuperHub.

how could modem mode fix a local or national network fault?

craigj2k12
16-04-2012, 16:25
i dont always suggest replacing the SuperHub.

You do most of the time ;)

how could modem mode fix a local or national network fault?

the modem mode more likely forced a re-connect (it reboots itself when you change mode)

thenry
16-04-2012, 16:36
You do most of the time ;)

no i dont.

the modem mode more likely forced a re-connect (it reboots itself when you change mode)

a call to VM would have them test the connection. a reset would force a reconnect. again if its a network end fault and not the bugged SH glitching how could switching modes, resetting the SH cure the problem?

craigj2k12
16-04-2012, 19:43
a call to VM would have them test the connection. a reset would force a reconnect. again if its a network end fault and not the bugged SH glitching how could switching modes, resetting the SH cure the problem?

more like maintenance, the superhub wasnt allowed access to the network, I think it retries a couple of times, then doesnt bother, so a reboot, which was done by changing into modem mode, got it to reconnect