PDA

View Full Version : Superhub Cannot connect to site via Superhub (OK in modem mode)

tip2tail
14-04-2012, 20:45
Hi there,

I cannot seem to connect to certain websites (all of which are located on the same server - my own server at 1and1.co.uk) when connected through my Superhub via wire or wireless. Here is what I have tried:

Disabling AVG and Windows Firewall.
Reset the Superhub to factory settings.
Using Google DNS at 8.8.8.8 instead of Virgin's ones.
PING, NSLOOKUP and TRACERT to the domain names work ok.

I then tried connecting one PC to the Superhub in modem mode and the sites all loaded fine. SO it appears to be something to do with the router aspect of things.

The sites I am attempting to access at http://www.nuttytigger.co.uk/ and http://www.hamilton-classics.com/

Can anyone help?

My Connection: 30Mb VM in Uddingston area (ex TW)
Windows 7, attempted in various browsers and different PCs on same network.
I have also tried to connect to the sites via 2 family members PCs in the same area and they work OK so the issue is localised to my Superhub.

Thanks.

Mark

Hugh
14-04-2012, 20:51
I can access both sites from NW Leeds (30Mb).

tip2tail
14-04-2012, 21:01
Yeah I know. As I said I've pretty much accepted its a problem with my setup through my superhub. My question is how the Eff do I fix it?

I have reset the superhub through the web interface. Is this different than resetting via the pin hole button?

Thanks,

Mark

Mick Fisher
14-04-2012, 21:25
Hmmm.....When I tried to use the superhub, a while back now, I noticed a few sites refusing to load but as the damned thing was rebooting itself on a seemingly hourly basis or needing to be manually rebooted to get the wireless going again that side of it took a back seat.

I since got an asus rt n16 router and put the superhub in modem mode. I had heard the stock asus firmware was bad but before installing tomatousb I thought to try it out. Well it was quite stable, no rebooting, strong wireless, no dropped connections but..........loads of sites wouldn't load just like the superhub but much worse.

I since have installed tomatousb firmware and find all sites load up like lightning compared to the superhub and the asus stock firmware.

So I conclude that along with the myriad of other issues the superhub seems to have a problem resolving some DNS. I found that sometimes constantly refreshing might get a site to load but all links on the page would be dead. I found entering a IP would get you to the site but again all the links would be dead.

My advice is to get a decent router, preferably one that will take a firmware from DD-WRT or Tomato and install it using the superhub in modem mode.