PDA

View Full Version : Cost per month 60mb upgrade?

mroebuck
14-04-2012, 10:46
Hi

On the VM website under "My Offers" I was offered the 60mb upgrade FROM £5.00 per month! It also mentioned that this was a "guide price ONLY" and that once selected, an email would be sent letting me know the EXACT monthly increase! I received an email but there was NO mention of cost! The SH will be delivered sometime today but I will not perform the upgrade until I am sure of the extra cost per month! I have phoned 150 several times over the last few days but lose the will to live after over 20 mins on hold! I have also emailed them but they refuse to send account info via email! I DON"T want account information just the monthly cost increase! :confused:

Nopanic
14-04-2012, 11:23
Hi

On the VM website under "My Offers" I was offered the 60mb upgrade FROM £5.00 per month! It also mentioned that this was a "guide price ONLY" and that once selected, an email would be sent letting me know the EXACT monthly increase! I received an email but there was NO mention of cost! The SH will be delivered sometime today but I will not perform the upgrade until I am sure of the extra cost per month! I have phoned 150 several times over the last few days but lose the will to live after over 20 mins on hold! I have also emailed them but they refuse to send account info via email! I DON"T want account information just the monthly cost increase! :confused:

That is account information as it specific to your account.

You'll have to call them, no other way.

Daveoc64
14-04-2012, 16:54
Virgin Media's pricing is so confusing that I don't even think that they understand it.

In some cases, it's actually cheaper to upgrade because you're on an old package!

I'd phone them up again. It doesn't usually take that long in my experience if you hit them at the right time.

kandinsky
14-04-2012, 18:56
I just looked at my offers and it says I can have 30mb for £3-05 extra a month. I think to myself I ll go for that.... and on the next page they want £50 to install a superhub!!

:td:

jimexbox
14-04-2012, 19:03
They don't install it, they just send one. You don't need a superhub for 30Mb. Ring them up and tell them you're happy with your modem and all you want is the config file. No installation fee.

Sherlock Holmes
14-04-2012, 19:04
and on the next page they want £50 to install a superhub!!

:td:

Try asking them for a quick start install. They'll post it to you and it will then cost £20 instead of £50. Moan about it over the phone politely and they may reduce it further to £10 if your lucky (I know someone who did this the other week).

Cheers

kandinsky
14-04-2012, 19:15
Thanks guys.. .I ll try that.

:nworthy: