PDA

View Full Version : General NW London - Slow Speeds

Zee
13-04-2012, 02:42
So for the last couple of days i've been experiencing slow speeds during the evening times in my area (Edgware) of NW London, and people within the NW London area, Harrow, Hendon, Edgware and other areas are also experiencing the same problems.

I just wanted to find out if there is anyone else in the area experiencing problems within the NW London area to either make a new thread in the community forums or post on this thread thats already created

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Up-to-30Mb-broadband/Slow-Speeds-Edgware/td-p/1143857

maybe this way we can get them to fix it faster, as i believe the problem is high utilisation within the area.

People have been told different times and dates from 48 hours to 31st May 2012. I dont want it to end up going on for over a month like the lag issue did.

My speed is ranging from about 30-35Mb during the day (on a 60Mb connection) to 3Mb and below, as low as 0.20Mb in the evening times after 6pm till around 1am

General Maximus
14-04-2012, 08:36
it will be high utilisation which they wont be fixing anytime soon (within 48 hours) because that is what they choose to do. There might be a bit of relief when they get round to doing the upgrades for the speed increases but I doubt it will be much as they are going to be doubling a huge amount of peeps in London.

Zee
14-04-2012, 11:25
it will be high utilisation which they wont be fixing anytime soon (within 48 hours) because that is what they choose to do. There might be a bit of relief when they get round to doing the upgrades for the speed increases but I doubt it will be much as they are going to be doubling a huge amount of peeps in London.

yeah i believe its high utilisation too.

And it is effecting large parts of NW London, different large towns i've noted. It takes them time to finally agree its high utilisation not sure why they dont want to admit these sort of things, they think we're idiots, and have no clue at all.

General Maximus
14-04-2012, 14:08
It is easily fixable because they can see what the % utilisation is on each cmts

gaz2810i
14-04-2012, 14:52
I have an head 100 meg engineer looking into my slow speeds early next week with the promise that if it is a utilisation issue that it will be taken seriously. He is also going to visit on Tuesday next week to determine if I have a local issue.

babis3g
14-04-2012, 14:53
i am in NW5 and peak times speed vary ... also when i upgraded to 100mb (from 30)the lady over the phone told me that i may face issues with new speed during peak hours so they know about it, but seems they not going to fix it (at least for now)
i guess they waiting when is too bad but if FTTC will available i thinking seriously jump to it
had it before i move to new property and sometimes i miss it

VM is good really to be honest but i know they having us with sharing connection and that is why all these problems

crazyronnie
14-04-2012, 19:29
your ping is sick!! mine varies from 25-45ms

craigj2k12
15-04-2012, 02:25
by sick do you mean false reading?