PDA

View Full Version : 100M 100Mb support line

broadbandking
12-04-2012, 17:42
As I am getting shocking speeds on my 100Mb service everytime I get through to techincal support they can't do anything and pass me to the 100Mb team which I am starting to think they don't actually exist because both times I have been left on hold for 50 minutes plus.

Shocking service from VM at the moment, has anyone got a number I can contact the 100Mb team directly and what there opening times.

General Maximus
12-04-2012, 17:47
i am not sure that there is a direct number dude. When I have had to ring them in the past I had to ring the normal dudes (who you are on hold for) only for them to tell you that you need transferring and then you are on hold again. When I had to ring them about the shub before xmas I got disconnected (batteries ran out on phone) but we were in a remote session on my pc and I asked the guy if he could give me a number to ring him back on and he said he didnt have a direct dial number.

I know this sounds horrible but I am glad you having the same problems many of the users have and are moaning about it. Makes a change from Masque beating the drum.

Just done a bit of googling and had a look on the VM site and couldnt find anything. If you go to help & support though there is a live chat thing where you can "ask Jenny" :) so you can always pick her brains and see if she has got a direct dial number and tell her you are peed off being kept on hold.

broadbandking
12-04-2012, 18:13
I always had good service but I am getting annoyed now I just want a simple answer like yes your area is overloaded or your power levels are wrong so I can make a choice to either downgrade or get a tech out.

General Maximus
12-04-2012, 20:10
isnt there anyone you know who you can call a favour on internally? I would have thought your power levels were okay if you had no probs getting 50mbit before. It might be worth looking to see if they have got round to your area for the speed upgrades yet. I would love to know how many people they have upgrade before they have completed the physical upgrades and put more pressure on the network.

Nopanic
14-04-2012, 11:52
As I am getting shocking speeds on my 100Mb service everytime I get through to techincal support they can't do anything and pass me to the 100Mb team which I am starting to think they don't actually exist because both times I have been left on hold for 50 minutes plus.

Shocking service from VM at the moment, has anyone got a number I can contact the 100Mb team directly and what there opening times.

Wasn't the 100Mb team just the 2nd line team in Liverpool ? who have now gone ?

As far as I know support for 100Mb is just the same as the other services.

---------- Post added at 11:51 ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 ----------

I always had good service but I am getting annoyed now I just want a simple answer like yes your area is overloaded or your power levels are wrong so I can make a choice to either downgrade or get a tech out.

PM me if you like, I'll get it looked into.

:D

---------- Post added at 11:52 ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 ----------

Just done a bit of googling and had a look on the VM site and couldnt find anything. If you go to help & support though there is a live chat thing where you can "ask Jenny" :) so you can always pick her brains and see if she has got a direct dial number and tell her you are peed off being kept on hold.

You know Jenny is a bot right ?

Mick Fisher
14-04-2012, 12:56

Jenny may be a bot but I bet you will get more sense from her than the idiots in India. :)

Zee
14-04-2012, 13:17
i always get Emma.... shes always more helpful than the Indian call centres ;)

babis3g
14-04-2012, 13:21
Have never use it at the moment ..... i find it around 0800 052 2173 and they claim is English centre with waiting time about 5-10 min...dont know the working hours
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Up-to-100Mb-broadband/100Mb-support-line/td-p/1143565

General Maximus
14-04-2012, 18:29
Wasn't the 100Mb team just the 2nd line team in Liverpool ? who have now gone ?

As far as I know support for 100Mb is just the same as the other services

I dont think so. I'll admit that they know what they are talking about. When I had the joys of a 3 hour phone call with them in November and a remote assistance session they were using netstat, ping and looking at the properties for my network card and stuff. I still got the impression they were 1st line though because when they couldnt work out why my shub wouldnt pull more than 36mbit they kept putting me on hold and going to 2nd line who said there was nothing wrong with the network or shub and it was naturally my pc which was at fault. When they sent me a 2nd shub which didnt work I rang tech support and they said they could only deal with up to 50mbit and would transfer me to the 100mbit peeps. They are/were 2 different teams but I still think they are 1st line though, only these dudes actually know something :)

No, I thought it was really somebody called Jenny who was being paid to help us important VM customers

Sherlock Holmes
14-04-2012, 19:12
i always get Emma....

I've had Emma too, .. that girl gets around! :D

broadbandking
14-04-2012, 22:24
Well looks like a new Superhub did the trick

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2012/04/84.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

General Maximus
15-04-2012, 05:26
nice

babis3g
15-04-2012, 10:07
just curious ... how long did you had your old SH?
Had any drops in the begin?
it's make me think (SH) for the 100 mb service, maybe after 1 year needs replace?

General Maximus
15-04-2012, 13:37
Mine didnt work from the get go

broadbandking
15-04-2012, 18:03
I had it for nearly 1 year.

Harryn9000
15-04-2012, 18:26
i don't even get above 100mb on any tests i do so 94mb is the closest i get to it