PDA

View Full Version : Want to go from 10Mb to 30Mb

Mariusmssj
10-04-2012, 13:07
Hey everyone,
At the moment I got 10MB broadband without phone line and I pay £21 a month
(10Mb - £21 a month)

I just saw on the website that there is a 30Mb package for £17.50 a month for 3 months then £22.50 a month without phone line.
(30Mb - £22.50 a month)

So I phoned them up and they said that the only upgrade they can give me is 60Mb as I will be getting double speed upgrade to 30Mb.

This is weird because on their site it says that my double speed upgrade is going to be 20Mb.

Anyone else got 10Mb and had upgrade to 30Mb???

Thanks

arcimedes
10-04-2012, 13:51
Welcome to the wonderful world of Virgin Media pricing where the left hand doesnt even know that there is a right hand.

The website has been updated to reflect the new speeds that are being introduced.

If you are on 10Mb then you will be upgraded automatically to 20Mb. To get 30Mb you need a SuperHub and if you get hold of a rep that knows this you will be able to get 30Mb.
You may have better luck in going via "retentions" i.e choose "thinking of leaving us"

Mariusmssj
10-04-2012, 13:59
Welcome to the wonderful world of Virgin Media pricing where the left hand doesnt even know that there is a right hand.

The website has been updated to reflect the new speeds that are being introduced.

If you are on 10Mb then you will be upgraded automatically to 20Mb. To get 30Mb you need a SuperHub and if you get hold of a rep that knows this you will be able to get 30Mb.
You may have better luck in going via "retentions" i.e choose "thinking of leaving us"

aaa thanks, because I am almost paying same price as 30Mb but only getting 10mb =[

So I should call them up again an demand my 30Mb? Doesn't going to 30 have an installation fee?

arcimedes
10-04-2012, 18:22
aaa thanks, because I am almost paying same price as 30Mb but only getting 10mb =[

So I should call them up again an demand my 30Mb? Doesn't going to 30 have an installation fee?

The following link tells you what you will receive and it does appear to be that you will only get an upgrade automatically to 20Mb.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Announcements/We-re-doubling-our-customers-broadband-speeds/td-p/958421

Anything more you would have to pay something as you will be going to a new tier of service.

Mariusmssj
10-04-2012, 18:34
The following link tells you what you will receive and it does appear to be that you will only get an upgrade automatically to 20Mb.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Announcements/We-re-doubling-our-customers-broadband-speeds/td-p/958421

Anything more you would have to pay something as you will be going to a new tier of service.

so my best option would be just cancel my contract and take a new one out at 30mb?

arcimedes
10-04-2012, 18:43
so my best option would be just cancel my contract and take a new one out at 30mb?

Unfortunately if you cancel your contract you have to wait 2 to 3 months to be considered a NEW customer.

cookie_365
10-04-2012, 19:51
? I upgraded from 10Mb to 30Mb a couple of months ago with no fuss. Maybe it's different if they have the double speed ready in your area.

Mariusmssj
10-04-2012, 19:53
Unfortunately if you cancel your contract you have to wait 2 to 3 months to be considered a NEW customer.

Ah well i don't want to give up easily what if my dad takes out the a new contact after I cancel my one since it's on my name, would that work?

Sorry for so many questions

---------- Post added at 18:53 ---------- Previous post was at 18:52 ----------

? I upgraded from 10Mb to 30Mb a couple of months ago with no fuss. Maybe it's different if they have the double speed ready in your area.

so how much are you paying now for your 30Mb?

RealDiamond
10-04-2012, 20:21
They won't upgrade you to 30Mb/s because your missing the phone line bundle
The computer won't allow it as it won't generate any more money for VM.

New contracts won't be issued. its the address were the cable is not the person with the same last name.

Phone line rental, TV M, L30Mb/s = £30.20 per month.
but currently its mega unstable speed down. Up is awsome. Super fast 2Mb/s
be polite and they pass you over to some one else who's Computer will allow it.

(TV is virtualy free)

cookie_365
11-04-2012, 18:22
so how much are you paying now for your 30Mb?
£27.50, no other services

---------- Post added at 17:22 ---------- Previous post was at 17:20 ----------

They will. They did for me. They even advertise 30Mb with no phone line on the website for new customers.

Daveoc64
11-04-2012, 18:34
be polite and they pass you over to some one else who's Computer will allow it

That was my experience going from 50 to 100mbps.

They couldn't get it to work at first, saying that it wanted them to upgrade TV/phone as well, but I was put through to a more technical department and they managed to do it.

Mariusmssj
12-04-2012, 15:37
£27.50, no other services

---------- Post added at 17:22 ---------- Previous post was at 17:20 ----------

They will. They did for me. They even advertise 30Mb with no phone line on the website for new customers.

Well they sent me a super hub which should be here tomorrow and i will be getting 60Mb for £27.50

---------- Post added at 14:37 ---------- Previous post was at 14:36 ----------

New contracts won't be issued. its the address were the cable is not the person with the same last name.

Phone line rental, TV M, L30Mb/s = £30.20 per month.
but currently its mega unstable speed down. Up is awsome. Super fast 2Mb/s
be polite and they pass you over to some one else who's Computer will allow it.

(TV is virtualy free)

They will upgrade people to 30Mb without phone lines but ONLY if they have Super-hubs if not their speed will go from 10Mb to 20Mb