PDA

View Full Version : Superhub Windows Phone rebooting Superhub

zlib
09-04-2012, 16:05
Had my Superhub for over a year now with pretty much no wifi problems.
Just got a new Nokia Lumia 710 phone with Windows Phone 7.5 on it.

I'm having a strange issue where the phone is causing the hub to reboot when wifi is used. To be more specific, it resets when data is being downloaded via the Facebook app!

I've tested other apps including youtube, email and web browsing and they work fine over the wifi. If I load up facebook, instant reboot.

Does anybody else have the same setup, any problems?

I've tried the different 802.11 modes and the phone doesn't support 5Ghz. Using WPA2-PSK too.

Can't think what the Facebook app could be doing to cause this :confused:

buckleb
09-04-2012, 17:24
My Lumia 800 won't even connect to the SH wirelessly, but has no trouble with any other router. It makes me think that the wireless driver for the SH needs tweaking.

babis3g
09-04-2012, 17:32
it could be the phone it self but have you tried guys in the SH wireless settings to change the 300 mb to 175 then to 50 or vise versa?the opposite??

General Maximus
09-04-2012, 17:34
I have good news and bad news. VM are supposed to be working firmware to try and fix the many wireless issues with the shub but I am not holding my breath. I know this is only one app and one problem but in the long term it would defo be worth while buying a proper router.

Skie
09-04-2012, 17:34
Are you using the domain blocking 'functionality' of the superhub by any chance?

zlib
09-04-2012, 17:57
Are you using the domain blocking 'functionality' of the superhub by any chance?

That appears to have fixed it! :clap:

While I didn't have any domains blocked, the option was still enabled from when I had previously used it.

Thanks for that.

How did you know?

General Maximus
09-04-2012, 19:02
ffs, which idiot thought it would be a good idea to block facebook.com on a "home" router which is supposed to be for the family? It is laughable (although I am not laughing)

zlib
09-04-2012, 19:17
ffs, which idiot thought it would be a good idea to block facebook.com on a "home" router which is supposed to be for the family? It is laughable (although I am not laughing)

I don't recall anybody saying they had blocked facebook?

Jumping
09-04-2012, 19:40
Think he was using facebook as an example of a domain to block, but it is funny that they even allowed this function on the superhub as it clearly can't handle it and causes it to crash and burn.

General Maximus
09-04-2012, 20:11
i thought all your problems stemmed from accessing facebook?

zlib
09-04-2012, 20:28
Problem was the domain blocker feature was enabled but no domains were actually on the block list. For some reason this caused the router to crash when the facebook app was in use.

craigj2k12
09-04-2012, 20:43
yea that function has a few bugs in it, thats whats causing the problem with xbox iplayer

Skie
10-04-2012, 20:01
That appears to have fixed it! :clap:

How did you know?

As Craig said, its been proven to cause random rebooting in one or two other cases. Seemed like a good bet :)