PDA

View Full Version : Superhub Superhub keeps disconnecting

RobTi
03-04-2012, 09:50
Hi i am now on my second replacement and still getting the same problems but now it can be up to 4 times a day.

SH keeps disconnecting and then reconnects right away so i lose around 1minute connection, its as if it reboots

Now had engineer out a few months ago and he said it wa because i didn't have the back boxes fitted to my face plates (installing my own network with cat 5e) so tried a fully terminated cable direct to the hub and at that time it seemed to solve it but it came back so they sent out a new hub and power supply but still getting these disconnects.

Now on phone they are saying it could be because i have the hub sitting on top of my home server case and that causes the drop outs.

Attached recent logs any one any ideas just had a tivo fitted and he tested cable and said it was fine

Robert

Mick Fisher
03-04-2012, 15:56
The superhub reboots randomly in some locations as it seems abnormally sensitive to radio interference from other devices.

Configuring the wretched thing to 300kbps at 5ghz helps but, in my experience, doesn't fix completely, however installing a decent gigabit n wireless router with the superhub switched to modem mode fixes the rebooting completely.

RobTi
03-04-2012, 18:17
Thanks for the reply but i assuming that as there is no wireless devices near it (its in the attic)and the server case should be shielded.

And as the first hub had the same fault in a different location i can't see it being that.

Engineer booked for tomorrow afternoon, looks like we will have to wait and see what he says

Mick Fisher
03-04-2012, 19:27
It's not radio devices in it's immediate vicinity, it's interference from your neighbour's routers, baby alarms and whatever.

The engineer will no doubt toe the company line and tell you that you have been issued with yet another faulty one. He will swop it out and pray that the new one doesn't reboot itself while he is still on the premises. :)

My superhub was exactly the same as yours, rebooting itself anything up to 11 to 12 times a day. I put the hub into modem mode, installed an asus rt n16 and have had no reboots since.

Don't waste your time trying to get the superhub to work. It's cheap and nasty with rediculously buggy firmware.

RobTi
03-04-2012, 21:13
well they have upto 30 days or i cancel new contract, don't see how i should have to fork out for a router when i had to pay for this one

Robert

Mick Fisher
04-04-2012, 14:59
Yep, I entirely agree but if you go with Infinity I hear the HH3 is a bag of spanners too so a decent router, it seems, is a must have.

craigj2k12
04-04-2012, 16:50
not as bad as the superhub though, by any stretch of the imagination