PDA

View Full Version : Interesting call from VM

Bananaman_007
31-03-2012, 15:55
Just had a call from VM telling me that due to the new packages that are coming I am entitled to a complementary upgrade from 10mb to 60mb at no charge to myself. They are also giving me a free superhub.

However what makes this even better is I have been told I will not be paying any extra due to price rises in April. I did have to sign up for 12 months but had just signed a new 12 month deal last month after reducing my bill by 10 quid a month and getting a free tivo free install and free activation.

As you can imagine I am over the moon and have much respect for VM calling me so soon after agreeing a new deal to better it.

djmagnifique
31-03-2012, 16:02
I had a simular call earlier today but the upgrade would actually cost me £2.50 less than what i'm paying now. Only problem was the call dropped before we could arrange delivery of the superhub. They have tried to call me back but when I answered it was just a dead line.

crazyronnie
31-03-2012, 16:12
April is tomorrow...So you'll have to pay the increase on your April bill anyway

Kursk
31-03-2012, 16:36
On the other side of the coin, I have been sent an email by VM advising that the charge for my adsl is going to increase by 2 quid with no promised speed increase. I mean, if they were to double my speed I'd be getting on average about 6mbps. Whoopee doo.:rolleyes:

I assume a price hike means I can ditch this contract without penalty? VM adsl is erratic, mainly poor and not really a usable service and this is from someone who has been previously very satisfied with VM's product.

Also, it's impossible for me to use VM's 'free' security. My connection times out during the download.

djmagnifique
31-03-2012, 16:38
I know that i'll have to pay the price increase but i'm currently on 10mb BB and the premiere collection (which they offered me) has 60mb BB. the premiere is £2.50 less than i'm paying now, my price increase is £3.50 so i'm basically upgrading to 60mb BB for only £1 more a month.

Bananaman_007
31-03-2012, 19:35
Yes they have moved me onto premier collection also £47.90 a month gets me

60mb broadband
Line rental
Xl tv with tivo
Xl tv with a v+hd box for the bedroom
Eve and weekend calls

I am very happy with that for the price.

Glad others are getting these calls also

gulf4uk
31-03-2012, 21:02
Had a similar call this Afternoon and tivo 60meg + superhub THAT bit am not to happy about but seems i have to have it i just hope the wireless works as well as the Dlink Router we have now .the only problem i have with this Call is the Speakers English was not that good so have have asked for a written Statement of the offer .
Also was stated as Loyalty Upgrade for long term customer yet i know someone
who has had the offer after 6months as customer so this not Entirely True .
Also asked who was doing the instal there contractor or Virgin Employee as last time
we had contractors here to install new line it was total mayhem and very unsatisfactory we were on the verge of talking to SKY after this and still are .
All these Offers are very nice but we need the work doing properly and the information the same everyone gets not bits and pieces and rumors

tomtank62
31-03-2012, 21:09
Yes they have moved me onto premier collection also £47.90 a month gets me

60mb broadband
Line rental
Xl tv with tivo
Xl tv with a v+hd box for the bedroom
Eve and weekend calls

I am very happy with that for the price.

Glad others are getting these calls also

I hope I get one of these calls

djmagnifique
31-03-2012, 21:17
Had a similar call this Afternoon and tivo 60meg + superhub THAT bit am not to happy about but seems i have to have it i just hope the wireless works as well as the Dlink Router we have now.

Just put the superhub into modem mode and keep the router.

JPAC
01-04-2012, 23:36
Just had a call from VM telling me that due to the new packages that are coming I am entitled to a complementary upgrade from 10mb to 60mb at no charge to myself. They are also giving me a free superhub.

However what makes this even better is I have been told I will not be paying any extra due to price rises in April. I did have to sign up for 12 months but had just signed a new 12 month deal last month after reducing my bill by 10 quid a month and getting a free tivo free install and free activation.

As you can imagine I am over the moon and have much respect for VM calling me so soon after agreeing a new deal to better it.

Any reason for your 'entitlement'? How do know it was a real VM call?

Can you check your bill if it all goes through to see if the offer was really 'free'
TIA

RealDiamond
02-04-2012, 10:04
whats more important is if we can speed up this process Buy ringing them, when we are free.
Instead of them ringing us when we are active and then missing the Phone call.

gulf4uk
02-04-2012, 16:55
Having had the phone call from I am Told was Virgin Sales Offshore when i phoned virgin this Morning to check exactly what i was offered and price because speaker Broken English and talked so fast it all is noted down which is rare these Days.

OFFER

1 TIVO Box no charges to install \activate

1 super Hub

upgrade to 60 MEG Broadband

Subscription to downloads thingy 6 months Free

now the Cost bit all this for XTRA 50p per month and yes i will be checking the bill

i will update list when job completed 18th aPRIL As to what occurred.

somehow i think this UPGRADE Advert was nothing more than Publicity stunt

Tony
gu14 farnborough

RealDiamond
02-04-2012, 17:05
The free 60mb/s offer is only for those with the correct TV and Phone services allready.

Bananaman_007
03-04-2012, 22:07
My free superhub arrived today. Going to do a self install on Friday when I am off and can configure my wireless devices.

tucker61
06-04-2012, 09:09
Let us know if you have any problems doing the self install.

My SH is due next week.

DABhand
08-04-2012, 17:52
I got offered to go from 30mb > 100mb for just another £7.25 a month, since I had the equipment already no engineer was needed so no extra costs...

Until I seen they did a partial month on the next bill, lets hope they remember to refund the rest of the old contract this month also :P

Nice of them to upgrade the UBR recently, but I only got 5mb upload on my 100mb.....

Smells of crap again, people last year got 100mb and upload upgrades and got the full 10mb, whats going on now? People who were late to get upgrades not good enough for the full 10% upload?

TbGbe
08-04-2012, 19:16
Not quite. You have been "upgraded" to the old 50Mb service, which because of the speed doubling now gives you 100Mb download. However, the upload speed will have to wait until all the network work is finished.

DABhand
08-04-2012, 20:51
I was assured it was 100mb and will be "doubled" in July to 120mb. I understand what you mean, I shall check on things tomorrow, as the partial month they are taking is the wrong amount so will have to check anyways.