PDA

View Full Version : Superhub Buzzing from SuperHub while on power?

colmm
23-03-2012, 10:51
Hi Guys,

Another question, havent been on for a while.
Buzzing from SuperHub while on power.
Should phone support?

Also Tv keeps forgetting the fav list, then press back and Fav again and its back again. Happens 3 times a day apx, did it 4 times today so far.

Thanks for looking.!

C

jimexbox
23-03-2012, 10:57
Mines silent, I would ring customer support.

colmm
23-03-2012, 11:07
Mines silent, I would ring customer support.

Thanks will do. Just not looking forward to it. Buzzing is distraction thou.

jimexbox
23-03-2012, 11:10
Buzzing is distraction thou.

I wouldn't leave it plugged in at night or when you go out.

colmm
23-03-2012, 11:21
I wouldn't leave it plugged in at night or when you go out.

Im one of them persons that unplugs everything at night. Good point.

colmm
23-03-2012, 14:55
I have the Tv box on top of a Sub speaker, would this cause the fav fault?
The Hub is about 10 inchs from sub also?

Milambar
23-03-2012, 17:24
What is a "fav fault"?

It has to be noted, if i place electronics too close to my subwoofer, I can hear a very low pitched hum from it. I gather its some form of induced voltage being converted into sound.

Its also worth noting that, according to previous posts on these forums, some superhub PSU's tend to whine or buzz, and its worth calling in about it.

colmm
24-03-2012, 00:57
What is a "fav fault"?

It has to be noted, if i place electronics too close to my subwoofer, I can hear a very low pitched hum from it. I gather its some form of induced voltage being converted into sound.

Its also worth noting that, according to previous posts on these forums, some superhub PSU's tend to whine or buzz, and its worth calling in about it.

Thanks will do. Will also close thread.
Cheers everyone.!

jb66
24-03-2012, 07:15
Most of the psus I put in have this fault

qasdfdsaq
24-03-2012, 14:02
I had a dream (well actually nightmare) last night. I dreamt that my VMNG300 caught fire and I had to replace it with a Superhub. :erm:

qasdfdsaq
24-03-2012, 17:25
Lowest cost...

... Superhub ...

... No surprises there.

Milambar
24-03-2012, 17:31
Its not entirely harmless...

*Reaches for a hammer*

crazyronnie
24-03-2012, 17:53
i've had 3 superhubs each with a new PSU and they all make noise. I know how annoying it can be. But apart from getting a 3rd party PSU with the same output as the VM one, theres not much you can do.

Milambar
24-03-2012, 21:06
Out of pure curiosity, since as far as I know theres no moving parts in them, why do they make a noise?

colmm
24-03-2012, 23:52
Its a 'squelling' sound, can hear it over TV at low at night time.

Will call support team and let you all know what happens..
Thanks again for everyones input...!
C

Milambar
25-03-2012, 12:05
Thank you for that explanation :)

carbon60
25-03-2012, 16:23
When my modem was changed for a Superhub last week the technician simply used the existing power supply. I'm not 100% convinced that was the correct thing to do. On one hand there's no chance of it buzzing, on the other hand it might not be fit to do the job long term.

carbon60
25-03-2012, 19:07
If it's the right rating then there shouldn't be an issue. Far too many PSU's end up in landfill for no other reason than the wrong interpretation of the ratings.

Agreed, however I have no idea what the spec should be.

kwikbreaks
25-03-2012, 19:49
The Superhub PSU is 12v 1.5A. Most likely your modem PSU was 10v 1.0A and isn't up to the job. You need to call it in. They'll alnmost certainly send you a complete new Superhub pack as their system isn't up to fixing what must be the most common installation error there is.

Peter_
26-03-2012, 07:06
The Superhub PSU is 12v 1.5A. Most likely your modem PSU was 10v 1.0A and isn't up to the job. You need to call it in. They'll alnmost certainly send you a complete new Superhub pack as their system isn't up to fixing what must be the most common installation error there is.
Nothing to do with the system simply because the Superhub and powerpack are not supplied separately, but you already know that but it is worth another moan as it fits in with your known agenda.:rolleyes:

Every single modem be it from Virgin Media, SKY or BT come as as single pack but again you already know this as does everyone else, no company is going to have a supply of powerpacks sitting on a shelf because it is a waste of money and takes up valuable storage space which also has to be paid for by the customer.

craigj2k12
26-03-2012, 15:57
the ceo office had separate power packs when they sent out VMNG's due to the superhubs failure, everyone who got one was sent a refurbed VMNG with a superhub PSU

kwikbreaks
26-03-2012, 17:00
CEO office isn't really part of the main system though - you'd have thought that it would make financial sense to keep an inventory of replacement PSUs which could be issued to replace the noisy ones and those where the engineer has goofed. Both problems get mentioned a lot and every time it's another hub heading for landfill as they never seem to ask for them back - I've got one dismantled and a whole one in the loft in case they ever do ask.

jb66
26-03-2012, 19:55
I order my psus separate so it is possible especially with half the psus are very noisy and the other are slinky noisy

kwikbreaks
26-03-2012, 22:53
I guess that's for replacements by you while you're on site though - I'm pretty much certain that normal TS can only send out a complete package to replace the lot for wrong and noisy PSU issues which seems a bit daft. I suppose it's possible that the poster I don't read said I'm wrong and they can a couple of posts above (I see the fact a post was made but not the content) in which case sorry as I'm only reporting what I've read elsewhere in the past.

Peter_
27-03-2012, 06:30
The is always one person who does not read certain posts as it does not fit in with their agenda and because of that they are a rather sad loser.

The has never been an option to send a powerpack for any modem right back to the old Terayon modems because the warehouse would be full of old unwanted powerpacks and oddly they cannot get their head around that simple fact, imagine the loss incurred stocking powerpacks that are never used.https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2012/11/13.gif

craigj2k12
27-03-2012, 14:38
I order my psus separate so it is possible especially with half the psus are very noisy and the other are slinky noisy

http://pokechild.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/you-loser.jpg