PDA

View Full Version : TIVO Connection unsuccesful

ZrByte
21-03-2012, 13:04
Hi, just had my TiVo installed which was nightmare, went through 2 boxes and 4 smart cards just to get it installed to the point where it says it may take an hour. Once it reached that stage the installer left and about 20mins later I have been prompted with a welcome page and a connection unsuccessful error. It says network cable unplugged. The only option it gives me is to press OK which takes me to a page saying the box encountered a problem connecting to the virgin media service and my only option then is to select try again now which takes me back to the welcome screen, fails again and I'm left with the same options.
Any advice?

Tim Deegan
21-03-2012, 14:10
I would call VM.

When mine was installed the engineer wouldn't leave until it was fully up and working, even though I needed to go out.

ZrByte
21-03-2012, 16:23
I would call VM.

When mine was installed the engineer wouldn't leave until it was fully up and working, even though I needed to go out.

Thanks, a very kind VM staffer on here phoned me and got it up and running. Happy TiVo customer so far :D

judgey
21-03-2012, 20:27
Good news , but the engineer should really have got it all up and running for you before they left.

ZrByte
21-03-2012, 20:39
Good news , but the engineer should really have got it all up and running for you before they left.

I agree, as did the VM staffer who phoned me. No wonder the guy was running 2 hours early.

judgey
22-03-2012, 22:10
sometimes the guys are loaded with work and to come and do a tivo box and then have to wait around 30/40 mins for it to download is wasted time in there eyes, thats why some just leave it on boot up and go.

Tim Deegan
23-03-2012, 02:55
sometimes the guys are loaded with work and to come and do a tivo box and then have to wait around 30/40 mins for it to download is wasted time in there eyes, thats why some just leave it on boot up and go.

It's their job!!!

judgey
23-03-2012, 22:42
It's their job!!!

yes true but then they should be given a work load that takes that into account

Tim Deegan
24-03-2012, 01:59
yes true but then they should be given a work load that takes that into account

I agree, as did the VM staffer who phoned me. No wonder the guy was running 2 hours early.

Sounds more like he was rushing to finish early.