PDA

View Full Version : No internet for up to 3 days???

AlabasterLyn
20-03-2012, 09:25
Phoned CS earlier when my internet went off about an hour ago and was told there is a fault in my area which they hope to resolve by the end of 22nd March!!!

I've never heard of area faults lasting that long. I'm in Watford, anyone else having problems?

Lyn

Kymmy
20-03-2012, 09:30
Something that long normally sounds like a chopped cable.. If it's been chopped whilst a main utility is doing work then they'll be allowed to finish before the VM guys are allowed to do their side.

scanner1
20-03-2012, 15:34
I live in the Garston area of Watford, lost a whole weekend a while ago (tv & B/B), make sure you get a refund from c/s, I did, not that it makes up for 2 days loss.

Paul
20-03-2012, 22:17
My VM service died again last night (NG16) and has been off all day. This is the third time in three weeks its been down for over a day.
Since I need it for my job (I work from home) I made sure I had adsl backup after last week, been having to run off that all day.

qasdfdsaq
20-03-2012, 22:39
Something that long normally sounds like a chopped cable.. If it's been chopped whilst a main utility is doing work then they'll be allowed to finish before the VM guys are allowed to do their side.
Yuck.

When we get a cable chopped it's usually fixed in <12 hours nomatter whose fault it is.

Unless it's like last week of course, when the place was still on fire...

AlabasterLyn
22-03-2012, 08:30
Well thankfully it came back on again the same day, but still it's a nuisance. A friend showed me how to tether my mobile phone to my laptop so that I could at least get back online, wish I had known a long time ago how easy it is to do that :)

Lyn