PDA

View Full Version : General How to turn down income

kwikbreaks
28-02-2012, 14:03
I was on 50Mbps and got my appalling Superhub replaced with a VMNG300 through the CEO office.

Then my area became massively over subscribed so I downgraded to 10Mbps.

Just called retentions to check my options in view of the £1.50 increase.
Can I go to 30Mbps without extending the contract - yes.
What will it cost - don't know systems are down.
Will there be a £30 charge - no because you have a Superhub.
I don't have a Superhub I got it swapped for a VMNG300 - then we'll send a Superhub and there will be a £30 charge.
I have the original Superhub can that be reactivated? No we'll have to send a new one.
OK goodbye.

Looks like I'll have to wait for Infinity.

Why are they so inflexible about the wretched Superhub.

Andrewcrawford23
28-02-2012, 14:16
I was on 50Mbps and got my appalling Superhub replaced with a VMNG300 through the CEO office.

I don't have a Superhub I got it swapped for a VMNG300 - then we'll send a Superhub and there will be a £30 charge.
I have the original Superhub can that be reactivated? No we'll have to send a new one.
OK goodbye.

Looks like I'll have to wait for Infinity.

Why are they so inflexible about the wretched Superhub.

you should have told them shub isnt needed and that vmng300 is capable of 50mb as that was the modme of choice on 50mb so no reason not to upgrade, but clear there happy for you to go, good luck on infitiy if it ever comes ot me with option of fibre on demand i am am to it but might keep virign are backup line

craigj2k12
28-02-2012, 15:01
give them a call back when "the systems are online" and see what they say then

swt4ajp
28-02-2012, 15:07
some of the retentions team dont understand and dont know how to over ride the system to allow the 50mb connection to the vmng300

so be persistant and try and try again until you get the cs agent that does know how to

kwikbreaks
28-02-2012, 16:09
I'll maybe give it one more go but I'm really not sure how much better it is now than when I downgraded - the TBB chart looks better is all I have to go on. I've had no IP change but of course others could have been split off. The other possibility is that the torrent freak has stopped seeding at last.

I will be dumping VM for Infinity when I can but wouldn't mind better than 10Mbps in the meantime if VM can deliver it. My sticking point is paying an extra £30 to upgrade when all it needs is a config change.

qasdfdsaq
28-02-2012, 18:31

Since they clearly didn't know or care, why would you have told them that?

I'd have just taken the offer at the point they said when there will be no charge.

kwikbreaks
28-02-2012, 20:41
They weren't able to offer anything they'd asked me to call back after 4 when they hoped their system would be back up. As it takes 10 minutes to get through the ****** menus and I'm calling 0845 which costs me money I wanted to qualify if it would be worth another enter your VM phone number or 0 if you want to wait several minutes trying to get our system to figure out tones across voip with all the jitter we make you suffer followed by press 1 for etc. I might tomorrow.

I'm in the process of producing a website to moan about our useless local recycling and rubbish collection system inspired a letter my wife saw in the local freesheet from this bloke who also got an article on it - http://www.northampton-news-hp.co.uk/News/Northampton-News/Recycling-campaign-launched-as-unhappy-resident-sticks-boot-into-rubbish-scheme-22022012.htm

Guess what my second Victor Meldrew will be about...

Skie
28-02-2012, 21:21
Yeah, whatever you do dont tell the drones that you have something that their scripts dont account for. It just then becomes an immediate ramming of a superhub down your throat.

Much better to let them think what the system tells you is right, if you've had a superhub in the past its unlikely they know your still on a VMNG300. You can even phone the activation line up and give them a VMNG300 mac addy and get the thing re-enabled :)

Peter_
28-02-2012, 23:09
Much better to let them think what the system tells you is right, if you've had a superhub in the past its unlikely they know your still on a VMNG300. You can even phone the activation line up and give them a VMNG300 mac addy and get the thing re-enabled :)
Er no:erm: the system tells them exactly what modem is on your account, as the MAC identifies the device instantly.

Skie
28-02-2012, 23:36
Er no:erm: the system tells them exactly what modem is on your account, as the MAC identifies the device instantly.

Then either some devices are registered incorrectly or the activation guys just dont care.

Nopanic
29-02-2012, 07:59
some of the retentions team dont understand and dont know how to over ride the system to allow the 50mb connection to the vmng300

so be persistant and try and try again until you get the cs agent that does know how to

Over ride lol

Then either some devices are registered incorrectly or the activation guys just dont care.

No devices are registered incorrectly.

Peter_
29-02-2012, 08:15
Not possible.

Nopanic
29-02-2012, 08:17
Not possible.

Yeah those activation guys love their jobs :D

Peter_
29-02-2012, 08:23
Yeah those activation guys love their jobs :D
I think we know that Quickstart is not the greatest job in the world but they know exactly what modem is going on your account due to the MAC address.;)

Skie
29-02-2012, 14:49
I think we already know what "not possible" in terms of VM means. :p

kwikbreaks
29-02-2012, 17:31
The whole business is run like a dodgy car boot stall - they should have called it Trotters Media rather than Virgin Media.

Nopanic
29-02-2012, 19:10
I think we already know what "not possible" in terms of VM means. :p

He doesn't work for VM ..

The whole business is run like a dodgy car boot stall - they should have called it Trotters Media rather than Virgin Media.

Ah, finally completed your audit of all of VM's departments then.

kwikbreaks
29-02-2012, 19:38
Ah, finally completed your audit of all of VM's departments then.The only thing you will be judged on by the public are the public facing departments.

Think of the cachet your offshore call centre brings.

Think of the faith in your business of having to ring in and threaten to leave to get a price comparable to new customers every year generates.

Think of the time it takes to get abysmal performance fixed and what joy the constant slippage of promised fix dates brings to the victims.

Think of the inadequately tested CPE your business forces on all customers.

Del (Boy) Trotter and Arthur Daley would be proud of you all.

Nopanic
29-02-2012, 19:53
The only thing you will be judged on by the public are the public facing departments.

Think of the cachet your offshore call centre brings.

Think of the faith in your business of having to ring in and threaten to leave to get a price comparable to new customers every year generates.

Think of the time it takes to get abysmal performance fixed and what joy the constant slippage of promised fix dates brings to the victims.

Think of the inadequately tested CPE your business forces on all customers.

Del (Boy) Trotter and Arthur Daley would be proud of you all.

So you admit you only have a view of certain departments, but yet you then go on to group us all in ..

I can't defend everyone, nor would I want to, but if we play the percentage game, more satisfied customers than unhappy one's .. unless they lie on the feedback forms ? or maybe I edit them to make myself feel better ?

Who knows ..

qasdfdsaq
29-02-2012, 20:31
I bet if you cut everyone down to 1mb without telling them you'd still have more satisfied customers than unhappy ones.

Nopanic
29-02-2012, 20:45
I bet if you cut everyone down to 1mb without telling them you'd still have more satisfied customers than unhappy ones.

Sigh

Peter_
29-02-2012, 20:47
So you admit you only have a view of certain departments, but yet you then go on to group us all in ..

I can't defend everyone, nor would I want to, but if we play the percentage game, more satisfied customers than unhappy one's .. unless they lie on the feedback forms ? or maybe I edit them to make myself feel better ?

Who knows ..
Careful you will be put on ignore as he dislikes facts and figures that do not fit in with his beliefs.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Nopanic
29-02-2012, 21:20
Careful you will be put on ignore as he dislikes facts and figures that do not fit in with his beliefs.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

That would upset me so much.

kwikbreaks
29-02-2012, 21:28
..more satisfied customers than unhappy one's .. unless they lie on the feedback forms ? or maybe I edit them to make myself feel better ?
Most people are satisfied with anything that exceeds a very bare minimum. Others like me expect to get something close to what the marketing department said I would in their adverts.

Incidentally I've never seen a VM survey either although I've had plenty of mailshots telling me I'm in a cable area and how great my life could be if I'd like to sign up with VM.

I was going to call again today to see if I could get a rep with more than two braincells but decided that life's too short - plus the TBB chart is starting to look iffy again - seems like the torrent freak may have run out of entertainment.

Nopanic
29-02-2012, 21:32
Most people are satisfied with anything that exceeds a very bare minimum. Others like me expect to get something close to what the marketing department said I would in their adverts.

Incidentally I've never seen a VM survey either although I've had plenty of mailshots telling me I'm in a cable area and how great my life could be if I'd like to sign up with VM.

I was going to call again today to see if I could get a rep with more than two braincells but decided that life's too short - plus the TBB chart is starting to look iffy again - seems like the torrent freak may have run out of entertainment.

I've had emails when I've messed with test accounts but I don't know what triggers them. Cable is an extra so in my experience customers tend to be more concerned with getting what they pay for and with such a choice now they can leave at any time. I would also say babased on your comment about always having to threaten to leave, percentage wise the calls routed are not in favour of this method.

Sadly we only hear from those on the forums that had a bad experience.

Skie
29-02-2012, 21:35

I've just got a popup asking to complete one while I was in ebilling.

Gave them what I thought about sending out a price increase letter that is as vague as a Tory politician and also having a billing system that lumps all sorts of services together into one price without providing a breakdown. No wonder their staff can't figure out how to use their internal systems if they are all as obfuscated as the bills.

Nopanic
29-02-2012, 22:25
I've just got a popup asking to complete one while I was in ebilling.

Gave them what I thought about sending out a price increase letter that is as vague as a Tory politician and also having a billing system that lumps all sorts of services together into one price without providing a breakdown. No wonder their staff can't figure out how to use their internal systems if they are all as obfuscated as the bills.

:angel:

craigj2k12
01-03-2012, 15:43
nopanic you cant take offense at what kwikbreaks said above, its true, the only thing customers get to see to rate VM is customer facing reps, so thats customer services, retentions and engineers, so a UK call centre, offshore call centre and the engineer. Ive not had much experience with all of them, but when i have they haven't been great, particularly offshore sending "signals" to my modem, ive also had an engineer come to lower power levels stringing up 3 FPAs which was becuase he didnt have a "big one" and couldnt be bothered going to the cabinet

As I said your department isnt customer facing so how can a customer rate you? i agree with kwikbreaks here

Andrewcrawford23
01-03-2012, 15:54
everytime i have been through to the off shorer call centre which is pretty obvious i am because they dnt udnerstand a word i am saying and i cant make them out (not blaming them it there natural language isnt english) but the off shore call centres are what get virign the poorist marks but virgn wont listen because it saves thema bomb on what they need to have the same level of agent for auk call centre. but saying that i say 60-70% of the agents in teh uk call centres when i was working there when i was trying to get things sort fora cusotmer werent that helpful and sometimes dam right rude and it made me think if that how there are with a another virgin agent if there like that with cusotmer no wonder [Mod Edit]

however there are some good agents but there seems to be more bads than good

[Mod Edit]

craigj2k12
01-03-2012, 17:23
still swearing though :D

Andrewcrawford23
01-03-2012, 18:18
still swearing though :D

see that where my wife doesnt liek it :p i see swearing as teh f b words and few derogied terms but things like p s i dnt because it not really offence it jsut a expression and people wouldnt complain if you where using it to describe what you done to yourself jsut like bloody if you used to describe yourself as that because of a lot of blood but yeah it probally does get seen as naughty word but not as bad as some they could obsecure it like [Mod Edit] then people know what you where sayign without using the word fully as it coudl easily been seen as a f fword :(

Peter_
01-03-2012, 18:24
but the off shore call centres are what get virign the poorist marks but virgn wont listen because it saves thema bomb
Actually the offshore call centres get higher marks than any other call centre and we see the results that prove that they do get better NPS and praise than any UK based call centre.

They have also said that they cannot see a time when they will not have offshore call centres.

Obviously the call statistics are massaged because the is no way that any offshore call centre could ever get better NPS than a UK call centre because people are not that gullible.

qasdfdsaq
01-03-2012, 18:44
Obviously "massaged".

I like it.

Andrewcrawford23
01-03-2012, 19:59
Actually the offshore call centres get higher marks than any other call centre and we see the results that prove that they do get better NPS and praise than any UK based call centre.

They have also said that they cannot see a time when they will not have offshore call centres.

Obviously the call statistics are massaged because the is no way that any offshore call centre could ever get better NPS than a UK call centre because people are not that gullible.

peter if you want me to reply to this i will only do it in pm because i really dnt want to say what i think of this on public forum, if you want me to reply jsut pm me ill reply then you can turn it back off

Peter_
01-03-2012, 20:06
peter if you want me to reply to this i will only do it in pm because i really dnt want to say what i think of this on public forum, if you want me to reply jsut pm me ill reply then you can turn it back off
No need Andrew I know enough about what they are doing and the massaging is pretty obvious and they denied it when confronted early in talks with the union and said the is no way they could ever see them not having offshore.

You do not even have to read it on a forum as most callers said they were glad not to be speaking to them and the company are so aware of this but just do the three wise monkeys act.

craigj2k12
01-03-2012, 20:57
maybe the magic feedback is linked to the magic "signals" they send to your modems?

Peter_
01-03-2012, 21:30
maybe the magic feedback is linked to the magic "signals" they send to your modems?
Sounds about right.;)

Andrewcrawford23
01-03-2012, 21:40
No need Andrew I know enough about what they are doing and the massaging is pretty obvious and they denied it when confronted early in talks with the union and said the is no way they could ever see them not having offshore.

You do not even have to read it on a forum as most callers said they were glad not to be speaking to them and the company are so aware of this but just do the three wise monkeys act.

no no i mean something i read, and was prompted to do to get my own stats when there as at teh time i think the manager where swamped with otehr stuff so didnt have the time ot post teams profermances so posted the lnik to the excel spread sheet they used to post the stats i just had a look at the offshore ones and was shocked at ho there getting good stats as i say i wont post on here how ill happily tell you in pm and i mean you ;)

Peter_
01-03-2012, 23:14
no no i mean something i read, and was prompted to do to get my own stats when there as at teh time i think the manager where swamped with otehr stuff so didnt have the time ot post teams profermances so posted the lnik to the excel spread sheet they used to post the stats i just had a look at the offshore ones and was shocked at ho there getting good stats as i say i wont post on here how ill happily tell you in pm and i mean you ;)
Done.;)

Nopanic
02-03-2012, 08:01
nopanic you cant take offense at what kwikbreaks said above, its true, the only thing customers get to see to rate VM is customer facing reps, so thats customer services, retentions and engineers, so a UK call centre, offshore call centre and the engineer. Ive not had much experience with all of them, but when i have they haven't been great, particularly offshore sending "signals" to my modem, ive also had an engineer come to lower power levels stringing up 3 FPAs which was becuase he didnt have a "big one" and couldnt be bothered going to the cabinet

As I said your department isnt customer facing so how can a customer rate you? i agree with kwikbreaks here

I'm not offended, people are entitled to be narrow minded if they wish :)

Hugh
02-03-2012, 08:12
Do not use words that invoke site swear filter, or use asterisks to avoid invoking site swear filter - repetition of this behaviour will invoke the Infraction System

Chrysalis
02-03-2012, 10:13

Well what a customer notices and whats essentially important is.

Quality of service provided, speed and stability.
Quality of customer service, response times and satisfaction of how dealt with.
Price.

What they dont care about is how good VM non customer facing staff are.

kwikbreaks
02-03-2012, 12:08
Spot on - you are perfectly entitled to be narrow minded. I'd defend your right to say anything you what to on here even though I consider most of it to be garbage.

Nopanic
02-03-2012, 22:22
Spot on - you are perfectly entitled to be narrow minded. I'd defend your right to say anything you what to on here even though I consider most of it to be garbage.

lol .. really don't like facts do you ..

---------- Post added at 21:22 ---------- Previous post was at 21:21 ----------

Well what a customer notices and whats essentially important is.

Quality of service provided, speed and stability.
Quality of customer service, response times and satisfaction of how dealt with.
Price.

What they dont care about is how good VM non customer facing staff are.

Caring about and acknowledging are two different things. To say everyone is rubbish, without knowing everyone, is narrow-minded.

Peter_
02-03-2012, 23:12
lol .. really don't like facts do you ..

No point posting actual bonafide facts that you know as part of your job because if they do not fit in with his version of the "facts" then they cannot be correct.:D:D:D:D:D

kwikbreaks
03-03-2012, 09:42
To say everyone is rubbish, without knowing everyone, is narrow-minded.
Sorry I'd better amend my judgement...

All of the public facing sections of the business that the public can see or interact with are run like a dodgy car boot stall.

I'm not sure which section you work in - surely they can't have one that employs people to loiter on forums with the apparent sole intent of annoying their customers can they? If so then maybe Masque/Peter_ could get a transfer instead of a P45 in a couple of months time - he's better at it than you are without even trying.

Nopanic
03-03-2012, 11:13

All of the public facing sections of the business that the public can see or interact with are run like a dodgy car boot stall.

I'm not sure which section you work in - surely they can't have one that employs people to loiter on forums with the apparent sole intent of annoying their customers can they? If so then maybe Masque/Peter_ could get a transfer instead of a P45 in a couple of months time - he's better at it than you are without even trying.

I'm the head of customer dissatisfaction. We decided that VM had too many good reviews on this forum so its my job to hunt down every customer (like yourself) who holds an unreasonable and unquestionable grudge towards us and poke them.

Its a very clever move, I provide facts and insider knowledge to appose your beliefs that VM are terrible and by doing so annoy you more helping to reach our hidden agenda. Reverse phycology at its best.

Or I just don't like all my hard work and dedication to customer satisfaction being questioned when I come here in my own time to help.

The daftest thing is, if you asked me for help even after all this,I would go out of my way to try and assist.

Sirius
03-03-2012, 11:14
I'm the head of customer dissatisfaction. We decided that VM had too many good reviews on this forum so its my job to hunt down every customer (like yourself) who holds an unreasonable and unquestionable grudge towards us and poke them.

Its a very clever move, I provide facts and insider knowledge to appose your beliefs that VM are terrible and by doing so annoy you more helping to reach our hidden agenda. Reverse phycology at its best.

Or I just don't like all my hard work and dedication to customer satisfaction being questioned when I come here in my own time to help.

The daftest thing is, if you asked me for help even after all this,I would go out of my way to try and assist.

:LOL:

Peter_
03-03-2012, 13:29

Praise indeed especially as you do not like to to be wrong.:D

Nor are you likely to read this any way.:D

OH by the way I no longer work for Virgin Media as of 3 weeks ago.;)

Chrysalis
03-03-2012, 13:50
Peter what I can tell you is any customers of my business are always treated as if they right as after all they pay my bills.

Nopanic
03-03-2012, 14:22
Peter what I can tell you is any customers of my business are always treated as if they right as after all they pay my bills.

So you want me to say yes, I'm rubbish at my job ?

---------- Post added at 13:22 ---------- Previous post was at 13:13 ----------

I've been thinking about this thread and about Kwikbreaks (not like that) and it actually bothers me that he has such a problem with VM.

The reason it bothers me though, the service he has received has been that poor that he has actually taken on the burden of actively disliking the entire company.

So, sarcasm aside .. I am publicly apologising for the treatment you have had, or the poor service you have received, obviously I DO NOT represent VM, so this is an apology from me to you.

I am also offering my commitment to addressing any issues you have with VM (DPA still stands) should you wish to tell me about them.

Guess this will cost me my job as head of customer dissatisfaction.. ah well :)

Hugh
03-03-2012, 14:55
Peter what I can tell you is any customers of my business are always treated as if they right as after all they pay my bills.So you treat them as if they are right, even when they are wrong?

Chrysalis
03-03-2012, 15:30
So you treat them as if they are right, even when they are wrong?

if someone makes a complaint about service eg. and I think they wrong.

I make them think they right and do what it takes to keep them happy.

I dont get personally offended as ultimately in business complaints do come occasionally.

Nopanic
03-03-2012, 16:26
if someone makes a complaint about service eg. and I think they wrong.

I make them think they right and do what it takes to keep them happy.

I dont get personally offended as ultimately in business complaints do come occasionally.

He is not saying a service is at fault, he is saying that all VM departments are of a poor standard .. so he is insulting me, with no justification.

I'm not offended, but I'm not about to agree with him.

kwikbreaks
03-03-2012, 16:29
The daftest thing is, if you asked me for help even after all this,I would go out of my way to try and assist.I did some time back when you offered to let me know the status of a fault code for fixing severe congestion in my area. I provided the code in the thread. You posted in that thread later but I don't recall seeing any help on the fault code.

All you seem to do on this board is jump in and try to rubbish any post or poster who make even the slightest negative comment about VM. I will say one thing though - at least your comments are entertaining and not repetitive twaddle.

Nopanic
03-03-2012, 16:44
I did some time back when you offered to let me know the status of a fault code for fixing severe congestion in my area. I provided the code in the thread. You posted in that thread later but I don't recall seeing any help on the fault code.

All you seem to do on this board is jump in and try to rubbish any post or poster who make even the slightest negative comment about VM. I will say one thing though - at least your comments are entertaining and not repetitive twaddle.

I must have missed that, or was distracted by something else, I wouldn't purposely ignore someone ..

I don't defend individual issues, or backwards agents, I defend VM as a group as VM as group includes me and a couple of thousand other people I know that really push the boat out trying to achieve the best customer experience and no its not just company BS, we are paid to make sure you lot get the best service ..

As for me being entertaining and not repetitive .. that'll have to change, I can't be giving the likes of you any pleasure from my posts ;)

Admit it, you enjoy arguing with me .. it would be boring if I wasn't here ..:dunce:

qasdfdsaq
03-03-2012, 16:55
So you treat them as if they are right, even when they are wrong?
There's a reason this "customer is always right" mantra keeps being batted about

craigj2k12
03-03-2012, 17:24
lol reminds me of this
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1070122/fonejacker_fix_your_script_fonejacker_tv/

Hugh
03-03-2012, 17:31
There's a reason this "customer is always right" mantra keeps being batted aboutSo if the customer is unreasonable and abusive, they are still right?

kwikbreaks
03-03-2012, 18:35
So if the customer is unreasonable and abusive, they are still right?
I love this site...
http://notalwaysright.com/

On the question though I'll voice the opinion that if a customer is abusive then the rep has the right to refuse to deal. It takes skill to deal with an unreasonable customer but it most certainly should be attempted. Throwing insults at somebody you consider is being unreasonable is both unprofessional and counter productive as it will simply reinforce the negative view of the company which the customer has. Doing so on a public forum is pretty stupid.

Andrewcrawford23
03-03-2012, 18:48

abuse no, no matter what type of work your in if a customer is abusive then it doesnt matter if they are right there instalyl wrong

unreasonable a cusotmer can be unreasonable and still be right just might be harder to please is all

qasdfdsaq
03-03-2012, 20:43
If you treat them like they're always right they don't usually get abusive!

broadbandking
03-03-2012, 21:48
I disagree, people these days think shouting and been abusive works actually its the other way round if a customer is nice you are more willing to help.

Hugh
03-03-2012, 21:51
I thought you worked with academics? ;)

Chrysalis
03-03-2012, 21:53

if they pay enough yes. or more to the point if telling them to take a hike would be too cstly.

qasdfdsaq
03-03-2012, 22:47
I thought you worked with academics? ;)
Ahem. What are you suggesting?

Stuart
03-03-2012, 23:06

I'd guess you don't deal with the public much.

People are quite capable of being abusive if they think there is even the slightest chance they can get a freebie out of it, whether they are right or wrong.

Peter_
03-03-2012, 23:12
I treated everyone the same as they had issues that needed sorting and usually once fixed or the issue was dealt with that person changed into another person.

It is easy and not everyone tries but I did and my call stats showed it by me attaining bonus.

qasdfdsaq
03-03-2012, 23:42
I'd guess you don't deal with the public much.

People are quite capable of being abusive if they think there is even the slightest chance they can get a freebie out of it, whether they are right or wrong.
On the contrary, I do deal with the public every day, though they're not the biggest customer demographic.

On the other hand I would admit that we don't "sell" services in the traditional sense so there's no financial incentive to be abusive. That said even when I used to work in the hotel industry we'd have plenty of arrogant or snobby customers but nothing really I'd class as abusive. From me anyway, you're far more likely to get better service and/or freebies if you're polite than if you're abusive, especially given our policy on abusive customers is we simply put the phone down.

Hugh
04-03-2012, 00:02
But I thought the customer was always right?;)

Putting the phone down on them is a strange way of showing they are right....:D

qasdfdsaq
04-03-2012, 00:07
I've never done it.

Hugh
04-03-2012, 00:10
But it's "policy" (which I agree with).

tbf, if you're 3rd line support, you are unlikely to talk to irate customers - more likely to be the Head of Department should the customer be peeved; you have to fix it, they take the flak (well, that's how it works at my place....).