PDA

View Full Version : 30M New contract?

AaronCooper
27-02-2012, 10:01
I inquired about the price rises on my 30mb broadband as i was already paying higher than customers who sign up now.

Anyhow the women said she can't do anything about the price increases and said she will put 6-month free spotify on my account for the inconvenience.

Then to my amaze, i get a letter from virgin saying welcome to your new contract, you have 7 days to opt-out.

So what it looks like is the woman has tried to lock me into a new 12 month contract even though she didn't mention any of this on the phone and was portrayed as she was helping ease the pain of the price increases by giving me a free gift.

Any tips on what to do? If i cancel will i lose my internet? Ugh, flipping virgin!

SkyFTW
27-02-2012, 10:17
With the way Virginmedia bills customers you do sometimes find yourself paying more then new customers. It is sometimes worth upgrading as you'll get the new price for the higher level of service.

Sometimes for only a few pounds more or in some cases for a few pound less you get a faster bb or more tv channels.

AaronCooper
27-02-2012, 10:28
Sky - That may be so but spotify for 6 months isn't worth getting a 12-month fixed contract, especially because i can use grooveshark which is the exact same. I only took it because i was told it would be free, i guess people use that term lightly these days.

BenMcr
27-02-2012, 10:47
If she hasn't told you of the new 12 month term on the phone, then the agent hasn't done their job right.

You would be able to cancel the new contract without losing your broadband, as the change is the Spotify offer rather than the broadband itself

Milambar
27-02-2012, 15:16
Sky - That may be so but spotify for 6 months isn't worth getting a 12-month fixed contract, especially because i can use grooveshark which is the exact same. I only took it because i was told it would be free, i guess people use that term lightly these days.

Its worth noting that the legality if GrooveShark is now in question, after they lost a crucial case in Belgium, and admitted that they did not hold valid licences for most of the content they offer.