PDA

View Full Version : Superhub Lost wireless

whoareyou
14-02-2012, 14:58
This morning my Superhub has lost any wireless connection. It works fine through the ethernet to the desktop. But the laptop and iphone cant 'find' the SH.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Stephen
14-02-2012, 15:22
Have you tried rebooting the Superhub?

whoareyou
14-02-2012, 15:30
Have you tried rebooting the Superhub?

Yep, i unplugged it for 60 secs and plugged it back in again. Turned on desktop for first time to find it working fine. But then tried iphone which searched and couldnt find it. Then the laptop with the same results?!

kingll
14-02-2012, 15:45
The same thing happened to me yesterday. However, I unplugged the "Superhub" for a minute and plugged it back and hey presto it worked.

Stephen
14-02-2012, 15:53
Have you tried logging in to the device and checking wireless is still activated?

whoareyou
14-02-2012, 16:15
The same thing happened to me yesterday. However, I unplugged the "Superhub" for a minute and plugged it back and hey presto it worked.

Perhaps ill leave it unplugged for a bit longer

Have you tried logging in to the device and checking wireless is still activated?

No i havent, will have a look, thanks.

Zee
14-02-2012, 16:48
first check if the wireless is still activated as someone stated, also connect through wired connection and try changing the wireless channel, that helped for me once anyway...

whoareyou
14-02-2012, 18:24
first check if the wireless is still activated as someone stated, also connect through wired connection and try changing the wireless channel, that helped for me once anyway...

Thanks, will check them out. Can anyone just give me the basics on checking if its still acitvated?

Mick Fisher
14-02-2012, 18:35
Thanks to the superhubs puny wireless and non working auto mode, as your neighbours come onstream and go offstream or change channels the continuously changing conditions will keep interfereing with your superhub's weak wireless to the point where it gets too weak to maintain the connection.

Changing to another channel may help for a while but at best it will only be a temporary solution.

The only permanent fix is to invest in a proper wireless router and switch the hapless superhub to modem mode.

General Maximus
15-02-2012, 13:27
The only permanent fix is to invest in a proper wireless router and switch the hapless superhub to modem mode.

I hate to say it but he is right. You shouldnt have to be rebooting a router and checking it's settings to see if wireless is still on. There are lots of decent cheap routers out there which put the shub to shame and I would personally recommend Linksys. A lot of peeps take comfort in the fact that VM are supplying them a router and therefore it must be good but it isn't; it is the worst router you can get even if it is free.