PDA

View Full Version : Unwanted fax calls

medic boy
13-02-2012, 08:11
I am hoping someone can help me. I am getting faxes sent to my landline and we do not have a fax machine. This has been going on for years and virgin media cannot or will not sort it out. The faxes are timesheets being sent in to agency companies(computer has fax facility, so one bad day connected it to phone to see what was trying to get through) virgin say to change phone number but i do not want to do that because they could give it to someone else and they would get same problem plus it might not work anyway. Finally got someone at virgin to say that was a crossline somewhere and they would send out an engineer. That was a waste of time totally disinterestedand could not be bothered. The timesheets show the number being dialed and the first 7 digits are the same as my phone number and that somewhere in a dark and dingy exchange the crossline is happening. I have had to install a call blocker as the faxes were starting at 6 am and continuing until 10.30 pm on a bad day.

Peter_
13-02-2012, 08:16
As you accessed the time sheets on your computer you should have the companies details so contact them as it is not a Virgin Media issue as all they can do is offer a change of number.

pabscars
13-02-2012, 08:17
I had something similar to this when I first signed up to VM a few years ago, it turned out to be an issue in my cabinet and was soon sorted after an engineer visit.

Peter_
13-02-2012, 08:21
You could try ringing now but it depends who you speak to as it would need 2nd line to check it out and I do not hold much faith in the new 2nd line.

pabscars
13-02-2012, 08:48
You could try ringing now but it depends who you speak to as it would need 2nd line to check it out and I do not hold much faith in the new 2nd line.

And quite rightly so Peter :)

AndyCambs
13-02-2012, 11:37
Presumably these are unwanted nuisance calls?
In which case see here (http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1002&PARTITION_ID=1&TIMEZONE_OFFSET=&USERTYPE=1&VM_CUSTOMER_TYPE=Cable&CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=2180)

Nuisance calls - Excessive amount of wrong numbers or calls at unsociable hours

Peter_
13-02-2012, 11:46
Presumably these are unwanted nuisance calls?
In which case see here (http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1002&PARTITION_ID=1&TIMEZONE_OFFSET=&USERTYPE=1&VM_CUSTOMER_TYPE=Cable&CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=2180)

You did read my post regards the new 2nd line, they have trouble finding their backsides with both hands.

Tim Deegan
13-02-2012, 11:55
You should have the number that the faxes are sent on at the top of the faxes. Try sending a fax back to that number, telling them that they are sending them to the wrong number.

medic boy
14-02-2012, 21:19
have done that still coming through. tps and fps waste of lettering, is run by the cold call companies. the nuisance call lot say it is a fault with the line and they wont do anything. have had to buy call blocker which works phone still rings once for caller id. connecting computer is a pain as phone jack downstairs, computer in spare room. if carries on might send fax repeatedly to number with 1 letter on each page and see how they like it.

Tim Deegan
14-02-2012, 21:53
have done that still coming through. tps and fps waste of lettering, is run by the cold call companies. the nuisance call lot say it is a fault with the line and they wont do anything. have had to buy call blocker which works phone still rings once for caller id. connecting computer is a pain as phone jack downstairs, computer in spare room. if carries on might send fax repeatedly to number with 1 letter on each page and see how they like it.

I'd give that a go then.

satellite-man
18-02-2012, 23:16
I am hoping someone can help me. I am getting faxes sent to my landline and we do not have a fax machine. This has been going on for years and virgin media cannot or will not sort it out. The faxes are timesheets being sent in to agency companies(computer has fax facility, so one bad day connected it to phone to see what was trying to get through) virgin say to change phone number but i do not want to do that because they could give it to someone else and they would get same problem plus it might not work anyway. Finally got someone at virgin to say that was a crossline somewhere and they would send out an engineer. That was a waste of time totally disinterestedand could not be bothered. The timesheets show the number being dialed and the first 7 digits are the same as my phone number and that somewhere in a dark and dingy exchange the crossline is happening. I have had to install a call blocker as the faxes were starting at 6 am and continuing until 10.30 pm on a bad day.

iv been getting similar problems but with phone calls for someone else. VM say its due to my number being reused & other then changing my number they refuse to help out in anyway :(

Tim Deegan
19-02-2012, 02:39
I used to have a BT line at an office. When that office relocated I cancelled that line. Then within a month people were telling me that the number was now owned by someone else, so they were receiving unwanted calls.

Now I was once told that unless I gave written permission for that number to be given to someone else, that they couldn't give it out for six months. Does anyone know if this is still the case?