PDA

View Full Version : Superhub virgin media password help!!

erendell
06-02-2012, 13:22
good afternoon hopefully somebody will be able to assist as getting no where with virgin them selves.

Had installation on saturday got home from work and password on back of hub does not work tried ringing virgin but just left on hold for over 35 mins, if i get an ethernet cable whilst waiting to sort will this override the password?

many thanks elliot.

BenMcr
06-02-2012, 14:17
The WPA password is only required for Wireless, so an ethernet connection would work. You can also then log into the admin interface to confirm or change the WPA key if you wish

craigj2k12
07-02-2012, 13:36
the installer should have left an ethernet cable shouldnt he? try in the superhubs box

Peter_
07-02-2012, 14:33
the installer should have left an ethernet cable shouldnt he? try in the superhubs box
They are supposed to leave one but tend not to leave one.;)

craigj2k12
07-02-2012, 14:36
they all need sacking

Sirius
07-02-2012, 14:39
they all need sacking

Really ?

craigj2k12
07-02-2012, 14:45
no lol - it was merely a joke, please calm down, i would not want an engineer to be sacked for not giving a customer a free cable

Milambar
07-02-2012, 15:23
Its a very bad-taste joke, especially given the fact that Virgin are in the process of closing one of their UK based call centers, and making people redundant.

qasdfdsaq
07-02-2012, 15:27
Really ?
What if I said yes?

Andrewcrawford23
07-02-2012, 15:30
Its a very bad-taste joke, especially given the fact that Virgin are in the process of closing one of their UK based call centers, and making people redundant.

to be fair that just one of the things of the world heading to double dip recession companies will cut back work force and save money where possible and as much as i dislike it inidian call centres are far cheaper. i wish they could keep the uk call centres and charge for using them that reducing the number of call to one relating to network faults or box/modem faults meaning they wouldnt need as much staff, so afford ot kepe the uk agents

(yes say not as much staff as i mean if the call centre has 400 agent they could maybe do it with 250 so meaning fewer redunacnies)

craigj2k12
07-02-2012, 15:33

yeah very bad taste joke making a joke about something remotely not like something what you mentioned

the liverpool call centre is being closed and people made redundant, yes. They are not being sacked for not giving out free ethernet cables, so why dont you please keep quiet

I really need to start being less friendly, no-one ever seems to appreciate it

qasdfdsaq
07-02-2012, 15:38
<3

Sirius
07-02-2012, 15:40

Exactly, Some indication that it was in jest would have gone down well.

---------- Post added at 15:40 ---------- Previous post was at 15:39 ----------

What if I said yes?

Then i would say GIT, But you did not so neither did i :)

Peter_
07-02-2012, 19:24
They are supposed to leave one but tend not to leave one.;)
You all did notice that the person being made redundant actually did make a joke about it hence the smiley above, also techs from the Red Sheds are not affected by our redundancies as they are still required.

Maybe next time I will post a bigger smiley like this one.https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2012/02/42.jpg

By the way I am not unduly bothered by the thought of my imminent redundancy.http://www.facebooksmileys.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/SmileyShocked.pngagain a joke.

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2012/02/20.gif

AndyCalling
07-02-2012, 19:38
Nothing wrong with a bit of gallows humor in the climate. I'm always one for backing the worker, but the "sack 'em" joke was either obviously and intentionally ridiculous or the poster was a complete fruit loop.

Actually, this incident highlights the arbitrary and foolish damage that kicking a business in the engine (the workforce) to maintain short term profits for the share holders during difficult times causes. It weakens the business in the longer term. Some may disagree, but I say customer response to the efforts of over-stretched, discouraged and disgruntled staff or a cheap off-shore budget level service is the ultimate arbiter.

Support your UK VM workers, or all us customers will end up paying more for worse customer service and fatter share holders. Personally, I've already got more than enough of both of those products in my life.

Peter_
07-02-2012, 19:51
Nothing wrong with a bit of gallows humor in the climate. I'm always one for backing the worker, but the "sack 'em" joke was either obviously and intentionally ridiculous or the poster was a complete fruit loop.

Actually, this incident highlights the arbitrary and foolish damage that kicking a business in the engine (the workforce) to maintain short term profits for the share holders during difficult times causes. It weakens the business in the longer term. Some may disagree, but I say customer response to the efforts of over-stretched, discouraged and disgruntled staff or a cheap off-shore budget level service is the ultimate arbiter.

Support your UK VM workers, or all us customers will end up paying more for worse customer service and fatter share holders. Personally, I've already got more than enough of both of those products in my life.
As the site will be closed in a few months staff are now leaving in droves so the humour above does not bother me as I will be joining them shortly myself as I have no intention of letting the door slam on my backside on the way out.;)

It was a joke nothing more and it made me smile so no harm done.:)

Thank you for you positive comments though much appreciated as has all support shown by various members since the closure was announced back in September, my has that time flown.:erm:;)

qasdfdsaq
07-02-2012, 21:01
Only thing left is to become a shareholder then.

craigj2k12
08-02-2012, 02:42

well i thought it was obviously and intentionally ridiculous as well, hence why i posted it ;)

...or maybe im being a bit of a fruit loop :D

I thought " they all neeed sackin' " was a well known saying? :confused:

---------- Post added at 02:42 ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 ----------

It was a joke nothing more and it made me smile so no harm done.:)

glad you saw it how it was intended :)

kwikbreaks
08-02-2012, 08:43
Only thing left is to become a shareholder then.
TBH I don't think I'd be investing in VM right now.

richard s
08-02-2012, 12:25
Old Richard is spending more of the profits on his space project for the rich flunkys it seems. YES KEEP THE ALL CALL CENTERS IN BLIGHTY. Otherwise people really do get peeded of with foreign call centres.

I am not a VM worker....

Does anyone at VM know of any large scale intsallations of late. I say that because where I live there have been a couple of large developments built in the last couple of years and there is NO virgin media accessible to these developments. WHY was that I wonder!

No new customers equals less profit and more gains for the Sky and BT (monopolys).

qubit
05-03-2012, 12:45
I also got mine on Saturday.
If your wireless passphrase wont work, and 'changeme' wont either do a factory reset and try again, this helped me.
If you get in go to advanced settings and set new passwords.
Good luck.

Nopanic
07-03-2012, 10:54
TBH I don't think I'd be investing in VM right now.

Why? Share prices increasing, profits up, churn down .. Let a grudge impact a financial decision ?