PDA

View Full Version : VM Router Problem for me Cardiff service shown good!

Itshim
01-02-2012, 08:20
TiVo saying some services are not available, log on web site to see details . how ever b.b is also down. Try to get on last night & first thing this morning same message. Then tried from office ( non Virgin line) Services shown as fine. Went to E mail cant see the text of emails only the strap lines that`s a first as well. Could not connect wirelessly( is that a word?) either( only tried the Wii & a kindle)
( O k so that`s half an hour later) Does any one know if there have been problems in Cardiff that are fixed now?

Yes have rebooted the hub. If not working today( night) I guess I will try calling Saturday ( cant understand what people say if I reach India )

Taf
01-02-2012, 09:59
All OK in our part of Kairdiff.

Itshim
01-02-2012, 10:05
All OK in our part of Kairdiff.

thanks Taff have a idea the problem is local will try to call as soon as I get home. Failing that its the weekend I guess. I am in Whitchurch, any were near you?

Taf
01-02-2012, 11:50
South of the railway line to The Varlees boyo.... our local secondary school is Whit High....

Our net went off for a few hours last week, no indication of a fault anywhere either!

Itshim
02-02-2012, 08:57
Down with my son and his family then ! over the bridge and not to far away.

All working fine when I got home,very strange !

Taf
02-02-2012, 10:13
Such wierdness is all too common with VM, and I've only once managed to get a slight refund because I got a Brit on the phone instead of a script-reader from India.

But I shouldn't moan too loudly as BT's offering around our patch is always falling over, but your (posher and more affluent) area has the new BT offering of fibre optics I believe?

Itshim
02-02-2012, 14:04
But I shouldn't moan too loudly as BT's offering around our patch is always falling over, but your (posher and more affluent) area has the new BT offering of fibre optics I believe?[/QUOTE]

Yes they are always leafleting us.Have a problem - when Cable tel. put in my phone /tv - remember them! The guy cut the BT line saying you wont need that any more - and took in back to the front of the house!!!

Anyway had a call today - from Virgin it was a split in the fibre optic cable:confused: and as it was classed as local it does not come up on the web. With out asking, offered a refund for loss of service. So Billy if you see this many thanks again :D