PDA

View Full Version : Physical Cable Question

andybrock
30-01-2012, 19:57
Just been speaking to VM CS tonight about upgrading from 20M>50M and then eventually to 100M after network upgrade.

CS mentioned upgrading the physical cable within the property-has anyone come across this before?

Thanks

jb66
30-01-2012, 21:22
Nope, I still use united artist cable

andybrock
30-01-2012, 21:30
Thanks jb.

Is RG6 upto the job of 100Mb BB ?

;)

jb66
30-01-2012, 21:43
Yeah no probs

andybrock
30-01-2012, 21:56
Cheers

:)

Should just be a modem swap then

Nopanic
30-01-2012, 22:17
Unless they mean the drop ? If you've had a few issues ?

andybrock
30-01-2012, 22:26
Thanks Nopanic. Had no issues with the 20 mb service at all.

My modem is on a separate leg from others which are cabled individually to two Tv's.

qasdfdsaq
30-01-2012, 23:24
Your cable could do 5 gigs if you felt so inclined to hook it up to the right equipment. Another case of customer service talking utter crap.

Nopanic
31-01-2012, 07:21
Your cable could do 5 gigs if you felt so inclined to hook it up to the right equipment. Another case of customer service talking utter crap.

How can you be angry about someone none technical making sure a customers cable is up to spec?

jb66
31-01-2012, 08:21
They aren't making sure, they just spraff, of they don't know then say nothing

qasdfdsaq
31-01-2012, 11:27
How can you be angry about someone none technical making sure a customers cable is up to spec?
As above. There's no such thing.

Nopanic
31-01-2012, 18:28
They aren't making sure, they just spraff, of they don't know then say nothing

Misguided .. with a good customer experience in mind.

qasdfdsaq
31-01-2012, 19:10
Lying to customers and making up rubbish on the spot does not equate to good customer experience.

Nopanic
31-01-2012, 20:14
Lying to customers and making up rubbish on the spot does not equate to good customer experience.

Know that for a fact ?

Libel?

I'm choosing to believe that the agent has been told certain customers or certain aged cable gives a reduction in service.

qasdfdsaq
31-01-2012, 22:10
If an agent's been lied to and taught to perpetuate those lies it just means it's coming from higher up the managerial chain which makes it even worse.

Same as the "I'm sending some signals to your modem" that will magically solve congestion and "it's fixed but it'll take a few hours to show up" that magically solves power levels crap they spew just to get you off the phone.

Nopanic
31-01-2012, 22:33
If an agent's been lied to and taught to perpetuate those lies it just means it's coming from higher up the managerial chain which makes it even worse.

Same as the "I'm sending some signals to your modem" that will magically solve congestion and "it's fixed but it'll take a few hours to show up" that magically solves power levels crap they spew just to get you off the phone.

Agents giving this kind of advice normally pick it up over time. A lack of technical knowledge vs low aht and high quality monitoring can leave some people struggling.

You really have an issue with VM don't you .. Agents are agents no matter who you call you'll find fobbers, liars and idoits .. But you'll also find uneducated people trying to help.

qasdfdsaq
01-02-2012, 00:15
No, I don't have an issue with VM, I have an issue with incompetent customer services, liars, and certain irrational people who try to justify it or pass it off as acceptable. Institutionalised incompetence I call it.

There are plenty of places where you will find no fobbers, liars, or idiots. Where I work we don't always know the answer but we're not afraid to say "I don't know" and certainly never make up stuff to cover it up or get people off the phone - over time or otherwise.

AndyCalling
01-02-2012, 00:32
VM staff are, on the whole, honest and helpful as far as I have found them. Largely capable too. The Indian employees are a sight more patchy, but that aside VM seem good sorts to me.

That said, anyone has good days and bad days. Sometimes you just get someone who's not at their best, perhaps being a bit slow that day or perhaps they take a poorly judged shortcut in a stressed moment that they regretted later. Who knows.

If customers are finding more VM employees to be having bad days at the moment, perhaps VM management ought to stop kicking their staff repeatedly in the jewels for a bit and give them a reason to have a good day occasionally? Just a thought.

qasdfdsaq
01-02-2012, 00:42
The Indian employees are a sight more patchy, but that aside VM seem good sorts to me.
Unfortunately those are the only ones I've ever been able to get through to aside from in the billing department.