PDA

View Full Version : Virgin 'broadband' down again?

Teslagirl
29-01-2012, 17:53
Hi everyone.

I'm new to this forum and not all that technically literate so please be gentle with me! I've joined because my Virgin broadband goes down regularly and now (16:30 on Sunday 29th January) it's disappeared again... I really need to log on to my University account but my connection has been down for several hours.

Can anyone help? Is Virgin often this unreliable? And is anyone else's connection down in Birmingham?

Sorry to sound so girly but I'm a bit of a airhead when it comes to this stuff!!

Cathy x

MagicUK
29-01-2012, 17:54
working fine here.

vmfriend
29-01-2012, 18:04
working fine here.

Mmmm thats helps ;)

---------- Post added at 17:04 ---------- Previous post was at 17:02 ----------

Hi everyone.

I'm new to this forum and not all that technically literate so please be gentle with me! I've joined because my Virgin broadband goes down regularly and now (16:30 on Sunday 29th January) it's disappeared again... I really need to log on to my University account but my connection has been down for several hours.

Can anyone help? Is Virgin often this unreliable? And is anyone else's connection down in Birmingham?

Sorry to sound so girly but I'm a bit of a airhead when it comes to this stuff!!

Cathy x

Have you been able to check if there are any faults in your area ?

Have you called Virgin ?

What equipment do you have ? (Superhub ?)

How do you connect to the internet ? (Wired or wireless)

bigal2012
29-01-2012, 18:14
Have you tried ringing 150?

Teslagirl
29-01-2012, 21:26
Hi, thanks, I called Virgin on 151 and there is a problem in the B21 area. I'm in the B23 area so I suppose it could have affected me tho I haven't been able to talk with a live human being. I'm using an ethernet connection to the modem.

Thanks for the suggestion. I suppose I'll just have to wait until tomorrow tho I really did need to get some work done tonight.

Oh well.

Cathy x

Mmmm thats helps ;)

---------- Post added at 17:04 ---------- Previous post was at 17:02 ----------

Have you been able to check if there are any faults in your area ?

Have you called Virgin ?

What equipment do you have ? (Superhub ?)

How do you connect to the internet ? (Wired or wireless)

vmfriend
30-01-2012, 14:28
Hopefully all has been resolved now.

Despite the continuing stories of bad customer service by VM, particularly off-shore, it is always worth trying to contact them to establish if there is a local fault.

Broadband isn't infallible and sometimes faults can occur ;-)

Andrewcrawford23
30-01-2012, 16:11
Hopefully all has been resolved now.

Despite the continuing stories of bad customer service by VM, particularly off-shore, it is always worth trying to contact them to establish if there is a local fault.

Broadband isn't infallible and sometimes faults can occur ;-)

off shore ie idian call centres you rarely find out if there is a even a fault, to be hones ti rather virign goback to charging you to call and refund you if there a fault and have all teh call centres in the uk, i dnt mind speaking toa foriegn that in the uk call centre because generalyl they can understand english and have decent fluency and oyu cna understadn them

Digital Fanatic
30-01-2012, 20:29
Hi, thanks, I called Virgin on 151 and there is a problem in the B21 area. I'm in the B23 area so I suppose it could have affected me tho I haven't been able to talk with a live human being. I'm using an ethernet connection to the modem.

Thanks for the suggestion. I suppose I'll just have to wait until tomorrow tho I really did need to get some work done tonight.

Oh well.

Cathy x

Unless you hear your postcode, then stay on the line. You may have an individual fault that can be fixed.

HTH :)

Andrewcrawford23
30-01-2012, 20:33
Unless you hear your postcode, then stay on the line. You may have an individual fault that can be fixed.

HTH :)

the amount of times i found cusotmer offlien due to fault that was on another postcode was staggging the post checker isnt that realible unless it been improved recently?

i would ogto say even if you hear your postcode stay on the lien and get he fautl reference number

Teslagirl
31-01-2012, 01:19
Thanks guys. All OK now!

Cathy x