PDA

View Full Version : virgin security

chris123
22-01-2012, 19:49
downloaded an update to the virgin security.it has been nothing but trouble,and have therefore uninstalled it.has anyone else had a problem with this update?:confused:

Nopanic
22-01-2012, 20:08
VMS10 has been pretty stable .. can you give me a bit more to go on ?

startoucher
23-01-2012, 12:38
Think Chris123 may be referring to VMS10 being a bit of a resource hog when downloading definition updates, but hey nearly all AV is like that. Also I found initially slow on boot-up and close down, but with a couple of tweaks ie. in general settings change the default system start up to extra performance soon rectified this. Also I found this version of VMS10 stable, the improved detection rate and less false positives with the use of Trend Micro, so overall very impressed.

Nopanic
23-01-2012, 17:59
Think Chris123 may be referring to VMS10 being a bit of a resource hog when downloading definition updates, but hey nearly all AV is like that. Also I found initially slow on boot-up and close down, but with a couple of tweaks ie. in general settings change the default system start up to extra performance soon rectified this. Also I found this version of VMS10 stable, the improved detection rate and less false positives with the use of Trend Micro, so overall very impressed.

Resource hog ?

startoucher
26-01-2012, 13:33
Resource hog ?

Resource hog as in when its downloading updates or running a scan it uses a lot of the system resources and can make the system crawl or become unresponsive till updates have been installed.......(",)

Nopanic
26-01-2012, 21:37
Resource hog as in when its downloading updates or running a scan it uses a lot of the system resources and can make the system crawl or become unresponsive till updates have been installed.......(",)

I've had slow installs on some terrible machines but once installed it's been ok ..