PDA

View Full Version : 50M Intermittent Connections

r0bb077
19-01-2012, 21:17
Hi,

I've just bought a wireless 4 camera CCTV set! I was informed if the connection to the cameras were poor to change the channel of the wireless router, ever since I've done this I've struggled to get any type constant connection on my Ipad or Android phone.

I've changing the channels along with the 802.11 mode but just can't keep a constant connection. It will connect but just seems to keep on dropping and reconnecting.

I'm just wondering if my wireless router for the cameras would be affecting this router, or is there a good channel/802.11 mode I should be using to try a "basic" connection.

I've got a virgin media super hub!!

any help would be much appreciated, thanks Rob

thenry
19-01-2012, 22:01
download inSSIDer (http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/) onto a wireless capable device such as a laptop and run the program. it'll search for all wireless networks within reach of you. take note of the channel number each uses then set your SH to use a number that isn't in use.

General Maximus
20-01-2012, 10:00
I think the shub is useless when it comes to stuff like this dude so if you don't have any luck with thenry's suggestion you need to get yourself a proper wireless router.