PDA

View Full Version : Superhub Salford UBRS + Superhub upload

hjf288
11-01-2012, 13:09
When I signed up to VM there was a problem with the Superhub and the UBRs used in Salford resulting in the upload unable to surpass over 1Mbit even though the profile was set to 5Mbit..

Can anyone confirm this problem is fixed and if it is, how I go about getting VM to reactivate my superhub..

Reason I ask is my VMNG300 is starting to experience crashes, it will randomly hang and require a reboot to come back online.

hjf288
12-01-2012, 06:13
Anyone? :(

Mick Fisher
12-01-2012, 15:04
The superhubs got a modem mode now which possibly makes your first query superfluous.

Sorry no idea on re-activation although if it has been deactivated for a long time it may no longer be on the system and you will need to be sent a new one.
Either way a call to TS may be required. :(
Good luck with all that if you get India. :(

hjf288
12-01-2012, 15:25
I don't know how modem mode will help when it was the actual modem in the Superhub that was having a conflict with the UBR (So the engineer said)

It wasn't that the Superhub couldn't handle the speed, It was a configuration mismatch that resulted in the SH unable to upload faster than 1Mbit/2Mbit.. :(

I really don't want to get the SH activated and find my upload is running at half speed

Mick Fisher
12-01-2012, 17:12
Only another shub user on the same package on your UBR can give you a definitive answer :( Other than that the only way I see is to get it activated and see for yourself.

I mention modem mode because reports indicate it is solid. As far as I know, I have seen no reports of the issue you describe by anyone using modem mode. Indeed I have not seen any reports on the issue you describe for quite some time but that is not to say it has been rectified.

hjf288
12-01-2012, 17:37
Hmm understood, If I get the Superhub activated and it has the same problem - can I get the modem reactivated or will it be a big problem?

hjf288
13-01-2012, 14:30
Can confirm that the Superhub reaches maximum upload speed now and the above issue isn't a problem.

Mick Fisher
13-01-2012, 15:38
Can confirm that the Superhub reaches maximum upload speed now and the above issue isn't a problem.
That's good to hear. :)