PDA

View Full Version : Expense of moving a dish

nashville
06-01-2012, 14:57
I have decided to go back to VM. Too expensive to keep up the charge for moving of a dish.. £ 54 a time. This is only a con

Chris
06-01-2012, 15:07
I've moved your post out of the changelog as it really didn't fit there.

There is no con in having to pay to have a dish repaired when it has been damaged by hurricane force winds.

There are hundreds of homes all over Glasgow and the West with damaged aerials and dishes, all having to pay to have them fixed this week. Even Sky dishes are owned by their users and it's the user, not Sky, that is liable for the cost of repairs.

Virgin Media is unique in that it rents equipment and cabling to you and therefore remains liable for repair costs. If that sort of service appeals to you then that's what you should be paying for. However, don't forget, a broken aerial or dish has a one-off repair cost. A second or third Virgin Media box in your house will cost you month after month for as long as you have the box.

Having multiple VM boxes will most certainly cost you more money.

Did you get a second quote for the repair of your satellite dish, or did you give the job to the company that did a poor job of putting it up for you in the first place?

nashville
06-01-2012, 15:19
I've moved your post out of the changelog as it really didn't fit there.

There is no con in having to pay to have a dish repaired when it has been damaged by hurricane force winds.

There are hundreds of homes all over Glasgow and the West with damaged aerials and dishes, all having to pay to have them fixed this week. Even Sky dishes are owned by their users and it's the user, not Sky, that is liable for the cost of repairs.

Virgin Media is unique in that it rents equipment and cabling to you and therefore remains liable for repair costs. If that sort of service appeals to you then that's what you should be paying for. However, don't forget, a broken aerial or dish has a one-off repair cost. A second or third Virgin Media box in your house will cost you month after month for as long as you have the box.

Having multiple VM boxes will most certainly cost you more money.

Did you get a second quote for the repair of your satellite dish, or did you give the job to the company that did a poor job of putting it up for you in the first place?

I understand what you are saying Chris, But this is 3 times I have been left without a TV in 2 rooms for a week at a time. Just fed up with it. I have another number for a quote going to phone it now,

v0id
06-01-2012, 18:24
You should check whether your household contents insurance covers satelite dish/aerial damage
http://www.which.co.uk/money/insurance/guides/contents-insurance-explained/how-contents-insurance-works/