PDA

View Full Version : Superhub What connection should be quicker?

chrispy2000
05-01-2012, 21:31
I’ve just got a Western Digital My Book Live network drive. It was taking forever copying files over. I was getting a copy speed of only around 50kbs. Which is strange as my PC connects to the Superhub via Ethernet cable.
I then connected via a Wi-Fi dongle I now get 34Mbs.

Shouldn't using the 1Gb Ethernet connection have been Faster.

Mick Fisher
05-01-2012, 21:49
I got a MyBook NAS and can get about 80Mbps from a wired Gb PC via a superhub on a good day with the wind behind. :)

I find using the 2.4ghz band that 300mbps is actually slower than 145mbps. :confused:

I find using the 5ghz band that 300mbps actually works as it should and provides the fastest LAN transfers. :tu:

Try optimising your channel selection on 2.4ghz if you can't use 5ghz and make sure all your devices are on the same "page". Personally I have all mine set to auto negotiate.

Even better still, get a router that works properly and set the superhub to modem mode.

kwikbreaks
06-01-2012, 11:02
You missed the point - he says the WiFi was faster than gigabit ethernet.

All I can suggest is checking that the ethernet drivers are up to date and the leds do show gigabit not 100Mbps (which would indicate a bad cable or connection).

My NAS speeds are far faster on all gigabit ethernet than with any WiFi I've tried.

Mick Fisher
06-01-2012, 13:47
You missed the point - he says the WiFi was faster than gigabit ethernet.

All I can suggest is checking that the ethernet drivers are up to date and the leds do show gigabit not 100Mbps (which would indicate a bad cable or connection).

My NAS speeds are far faster on all gigabit ethernet than with any WiFi I've tried.
:LOL: I'll get me coat.