PDA

View Full Version : burnley again??

idontpirate
05-01-2012, 21:10
So, 5 days for a fix? No connection at all 5 days? And with all the trouble recently i would expect some kind of compensation.

KillswitchEdge
06-01-2012, 09:55
I rang last night as I was thinking it was my modem again but was told there was a fault (they actually got the report as i was on the line so I got put on hold for a few) and it had something to do with a power outage somewhere that they reckoned would be fixed by 12:30am early this morning. It's now almost 10am and its still down and the site is saying Tuesday until it is fixed?

This is an absolute joke, if my net is down for that long I am done with VM. These outages are getting more and more frequent, what exactly am I paying for at this point?

Seriously annoyed...

nelbb9
06-01-2012, 14:34
I believe it's still the same problem that crippled us on Dec 21st.

Reported on: Wed 21 Dec 2011, 12:05 PM
Estimated fix time: Tue 10 Jan 2012, 09:00 AM
Fault reference: F001838426

Reported on: Thu 05 Jan 2012, 08:00 PM
Fault reference: F001849600

Is you followed the status page on the very brief moments broadband was available from the 21st onwards the you'd have noticed the repair time being put back on a daily basis.

It's annoying but don't expect anything in way of compensation or even an apology. A leopard never changes it's spots ;)

idontpirate
06-01-2012, 18:51
I think im going to buy an emergency 3g usb stick for the future. Well, i doubt it would be emergency. I'd probably be on it more than my vm connection.

What in the world takes 5 days to fix unless the building has fallen down. I havent even bothered contacting support on recent occasions. Seems to be a waste of time.

Looked for other providers recently and choice is limited. We don't even have bt infinity yet.

Digital Fanatic
06-01-2012, 19:50
I think im going to buy an emergency 3g usb stick for the future. Well, i doubt it would be emergency. I'd probably be on it more than my vm connection.

What in the world takes 5 days to fix unless the building has fallen down. I havent even bothered contacting support on recent occasions. Seems to be a waste of time.

Looked for other providers recently and choice is limited. We don't even have bt infinity yet.

I'll take a look at the ticket for you guys tomorrow if I can.

KillswitchEdge
06-01-2012, 20:07
Like I said before, they told me it was power outage related but the thing I can't figure out is why its taking so long to fix it...

If this was central London it would have been fixed within a few hours, but as it's dinky little Burnley it kind of feels like we are a lower priority than other places. Frankly it's rather insulting...

nelbb9
06-01-2012, 22:57
Slow BB all day and night and my son can't connect to x-box live. Do NTL .. sorry ... Virgin actually have any engineers that do anything?

KillswitchEdge
06-01-2012, 23:14
Slow BB all day and night and my son can't connect to x-box live. Do NTL .. sorry ... Virgin actually have any engineers that do anything?

I wish I had any internet at all, having to post this from my phones Orange mobile internet...

idontpirate
06-01-2012, 23:49
Has been back on for a good couple of hours now. Hope I'm not "Jumping the gun" here.

Engineers have set crazy times for estimated fixes on these outages, both times set to like 6 hours ahead then pushed back days. If not weeks.

Well i guess the main thing is that ive had at least a couple of hours.

Appreciate your help in both of the recent threads Digital, i find this much easier than phoning support and such up.

KillswitchEdge
07-01-2012, 09:26
Yep, back up now, but some sites still refusing to load and others are quite slow.

Still, better than nothing I suppose heh.

maxmum
07-01-2012, 10:04
There are problems in our area? I REALLY hope this is a proper problem and not my 'super' hub being an immense failure again.

I spent a full hour and a half on to Virgin Broadband support last night, I am absolutely at my wit's end I really am.

I am in Nelson (about 3 miles from Burnley) and I have again got problems, and the support engineer had no clue and just could not work out what was happening.

Xbox live will not connect - I have checked with Microsoft and it's definately nto a problem thier end, Next door can log in to xbox live fine on BT and I have tried 2 family xboxes and the neighbours xbox on my network - none will connect to xbox live.

Steam will not connect on any of my pc's - totally bizarre - checked with steam, they have no problem - I go on my neighbours network and can connect to steam fine. Come back to my network - wont connect.

Most web pages will load, some wont.

This is driving me crazy, and after an hour and a half on the phone I basically just got left with the problem with no explanation apart from 'oh xbox and steam and some web pages must have a problem' - yeah right? :dunce:

Anyone know what the heck is going on?

ALL these problems started at exactly the same time yesterday.

---------- Post added at 11:04 ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 ----------

Found this - why on earth couldn't the dude at Virgin media broadband support last night have told me about it? I spent an hour and a half on my mobile phone to him on an 0845 number. WHY not tell me of existing issues, it would have been a 5 minute call....

Service Disruption

a loss of TV & broadband internet services

Reported on: Thu 05 Jan 2012, 08:00 PM
Fault reference: F001849600

KillswitchEdge
07-01-2012, 10:05
Sounds like you've had what I'm now experiencing.

Timeouts and the like mostly, pages are loading in bursts then failing, email is up and down constantly.

I'd still rather have this than nothing at all, but hopefully this is resolved sooner rather than later.

qasdfdsaq
07-01-2012, 10:11
I actually have an old phone wired to my router as a 3G USB stick for exactly that.

Just be glad yours didn't take 3 months(!) to "fix" (and then another two weeks before it went bad again)

Digital Fanatic
07-01-2012, 10:26
Ok, Ticket 1838426 is showing restored, this is for slow speeds. There has been a problem with the BSR and a card has been replaced. Networks are monitoring and have re-bounced the card.

Ticket 1849600 is for modems in init (0) state on the CMTS - causing no connection. This is currently being worked on by networks.

Some bazaar faults TBH and not straightforward to fix. I'll update if I get a chance to check again today :tu:

---------- Post added at 10:26 ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 ----------

Like I said before, they told me it was power outage related but the thing I can't figure out is why its taking so long to fix it...

If this was central London it would have been fixed within a few hours, but as it's dinky little Burnley it kind of feels like we are a lower priority than other places. Frankly it's rather insulting...

They are Priority 1 faults, it would be the same for any area. It's not power related either.

Digital Fanatic
07-01-2012, 15:33
1849600 is now fixed and confirmed with sample customers.

KillswitchEdge
07-01-2012, 15:58
Yep it seems alright now, cheers DF for all your help :)

And sorry about my outburst earlier, it's just frustrating at times dealing with VM directly and having them tell you ten different reasons and it turns out none of them are correct :P

Digital Fanatic
07-01-2012, 17:31
Yep it seems alright now, cheers DF for all your help :)

And sorry about my outburst earlier, it's just frustrating at times dealing with VM directly and having them tell you ten different reasons and it turns out none of them are correct :P

Good stuff, thanks for confirming :tu:

No problem about the outburst, I know things can be frustrating at times :)