PDA

View Full Version : 100M Decided to come back..

AdamD
05-01-2012, 00:43
As good as my sky's unlimited package is, the upload speed is just not high enough for 4 people sharing the same internet connection

I went to the site a few times to see if they were running any deals, but the 100mb package always seemed to cost a fortune (Setup fee and activation fee etc), so put it off

Then I got a call today from Virgin from a nice lady saying they'd noticed I'd gone through the order process (...eh? how? heh) and hadn't finished

I said it was primarily because of the setup fee etc and given how I still have the equipment here, it seemed extortionate (sp)

So she made me a deal which I accepted, as I'm a returning customer, they aren't going to charge either the setup fee OR the activation fee, which I thought was great.

Still wonder how they knew I'd gone through the order process though hehe

Sasha222
05-01-2012, 00:49
What harm how they knew as long as you got a good deal and run like hell with it. :D:D:D

AdamD
05-01-2012, 01:14
I think I was still logged in under my old ID, that's probably how, heh

But yea, it was a good deal.....verbally anyways, I just hope it's legit! :P

Nopanic
05-01-2012, 07:43
If you completed any details on the forum, it would of saved, its a marketing tool ..

Sephiroth
05-01-2012, 12:41
Check your bill afterwards. LOL.

AdamD
05-01-2012, 14:29
Check your bill afterwards. LOL.

Lol, was thinking the same :P

I still can't understand why they need an engineer to come out, simply to plug in a superhub

I did say to her that I already have the superhub and can simply plug it in, but she said it had to be done by an engineer.

Peter_
05-01-2012, 14:32
Lol, was thinking the same :P

I still can't understand why they need an engineer to come out, simply to plug in a superhub

I did say to her that I already have the superhub and can simply plug it in, but she said it had to be done by an engineer.
Your Superhub is probably no longer in the inventory so it would be easier just to get a new one fitted and I expect they just want to ensure its working correctly as you are a returning customer.

kwikbreaks
05-01-2012, 14:37
Maybe the DOA rate is the same as when I got one - the first one didn't work so the installer called his mate. The one he brought didn't work either so they called their supervisor to bring another. Simple plug-it-in job took around 3 hours in all and involved 3 blokes.

They probably want to check the power levels are correct if it's been a while since you last had service.

seekdestroy
10-01-2012, 20:54
I've seen a few websites do this, autotrader use a similar thing, if you half fill out a form, but don't submit it still records. I've implemented it into a couple websites. I'm guessing they somehow combine that with old records or something.

Nopanic
11-01-2012, 08:54
If you don't enter your contact details they wont contact you .. a name and a phone number is all that's needed.

AdamD
11-01-2012, 13:52
Hurrah!

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2012/01/90.png (http://www.speedtest.net)