PDA

View Full Version : 50M Astraweb very slow?

Gavin78
01-01-2012, 22:13
Been using Astraweb for sometime and speeds used to be great but for at least 3 months now if not longer I'm lucky if I hit 1mb download.

Have VM put some sort of cap on these now like the torrent sites as the only time now that I have noticed speeds of 5-6mb is around 6am in the morning but by 10am its back to the same thing again

---------- Post added at 22:13 ---------- Previous post was at 22:03 ----------

Seems moving to port 1818 fixed the problem and ports 443, 119 and 563 dont work like they used to

SnoopZ
01-01-2012, 22:22
I used to use them until i moved to Supernews which was a bit cheaper and the speeds more consistent.

http://www.supernews.com/super-special/

keepitretro
01-01-2012, 22:51
Astraweb, had issues for a while now think they' ve been trialing the new traffic

management here and there, as i have also noticed downloads going flat out for a while

and then flatlining at 300k, and my m8 has been having untold torrent seeding issues,

download's ok but having major upload problems,

If this is the start of things to come i can see VM losing a lot of customers!!!

Thinking of reducing my 100mb package to the lowest possible one before much longer or

moving to BT infinity as soon as its available!!!

As i hear there's no capping on newsgroups!!!

Have been with NTL/VM for a great many years, and its sad to see them going down the

toilet!!!