PDA

View Full Version : Superhub Simultaneous Bands

thenry
30-12-2011, 16:22
Would any future firmware upgrade to the SH allow it to function both bands simultaneously?

Ignitionnet
30-12-2011, 16:23
Would any future firmware upgrade to the SH allow it to function both bands simultaneously?

Nope. Next! :)

philwhite100
02-01-2012, 11:38
This would be a good idea as the 2.4ghz is very populated around here so having 5Ghz available at the same time would be good.

kwikbreaks
02-01-2012, 12:30
The hardware doesn't support it.

As the hub uses a laptop style plugin card I suppose it may be possible for VM to upgrade them easily enough but I suspect you'll see a completely different device later anyway rather than upgrades to the SH. Probably a better upgrade would be to replace the printed circuit board antennae with proper external ones.

Ignitionnet
02-01-2012, 12:49
This would be a good idea as the 2.4ghz is very populated around here so having 5Ghz available at the same time would be good.

I'm fine with things as they are, saves 5GHz getting overly populated as well. I've a simultaneous band router bolted to my Shub in modem mode.

General Maximus
02-01-2012, 18:02

lots of things would have been a good idea for a superhub with "unbeatable wireless performance" but unfortunately VM decided to leave those features out and instead leave the PR blab in place ;)

qasdfdsaq
02-01-2012, 23:29
I'm fine with things as they are, saves 5GHz getting overly populated as well. I've a simultaneous band router bolted to my Shub in modem mode.
Course very few customers will have such a setup, with most staying on 2.4 Ghz and hence cluttering up the band which I sometimes have to use out of necessity. To be fair I'd rather everyone stuck to 5Ghz and only used 2.4 when they really had to rather than vice versa.