PDA

View Full Version : Humax...

Wayfair
30-12-2011, 07:29
My contract with Sky has come to an end, 31 days notice given, so now I am looking for an alternative.

I have VM begger tv in the bedroom but they want a savage amount of money to replace my sky hd+ in my living room with something a bit more substantial ‘Tivo’

Soooooo I think I will go down the Freesat route, the box I have been looking at is a Humax Foxsat 320GB HD Freesat Digital TV Recorder, it comes in at about £230, has anyone used / got this box or can guide me towards another one they personally recommend.

Ta muchly..

LexDiamond
30-12-2011, 09:07
I bought one recently as I did not want to get multi room. I used AV Forum for advice and general feedback was that there isn't really any other Freesat pvrs that are as good. There is one by Samsung that is newer but still has some bugs (biggest being recordings disappear).

I've found the Humax 100% reliable and easy to use. I bought mine from Richer Sounds for £170 and they price matched Comet who had the 320gb for this price so might be worth popping in to your local store and checking if they have the offer.

You can also get a 500gb refurb from Humax directly for £200. It will come in as new condition with 1 year warranty.

Chris
30-12-2011, 09:16
My in-laws have the Humax ... Happy to recommend it. It's widely regarded as the best Freesat PVR.