PDA

View Full Version : Cost of just BB on Virgin??????

sav112
29-12-2011, 17:24
Hi I had Virgin Cable a good few years ago, left both the BB and TV and dropped the Phone and got Sky and Be.

Anyway I dropped sky Tv as the new LCD came with the new Freeview HD and happy enough with whats on offer. :D

Question: Would virgin do just the BB and as I'm connected this should be easy. I just want the BB not any TV or Phone. Anyone got just this and knows what price it is?

I'm with "Be" but its slowing down :mad::td:and I'm now at 6mb, my mate has the 20mb Virgin and everything seems to fly.:cool: As Im thinking about a New PC and Bf3 i want to get back into online play....that my old pc just now cant do.

v0id
29-12-2011, 18:31
They don't do 20Mb (XL) for new installs [apparently], but standalone 30Mb (XL) is £28.50 p/m
http://shop.virginmedia.com/broadband/up-to-30mb.html

sav112
29-12-2011, 18:56
This what gets me, I’m a lower use net user and even with my new PC I’m still a light games user. I don’t download anything only the odd update for things like Tom Tom, I-phone or the odd picture. As always you want the faster and 30Mb sounds great but the price to me is just silly at £28 standalone BB. Yes I’m paying £14 for what seems like 5-8mb but surly Virgin would rather have custom rather than me being with Be.
Considering we are in recession and everyone is cutting back I’d have loved to have seen 30mb for something like £18 and I’d have considered getting the more reliable Cable connection.

20mb would have done me very nicely, there cant be much in it playing online or I’m I wrong.

thenry
29-12-2011, 19:08
10Mb without a Virgin Phone line - £16 a month for 3 months then £21 a month

http://shop.virginmedia.com/broadband/up-to-10mb.html

make sure you get a SuperHub with your install to future proof yourself, don't accept the standard VM Hub! reject it if the tech goes to install it or send it back if your sent it.. you can confirm all this while making an order. SuperHubs are now standard kit for all broadband packages and are the future... you may get a free upgrade next year

You can whack the SuperHub into modem mode and hook your own router if the SuperHub doesn't meet your needs.

jb66
29-12-2011, 20:36
10Mb without a Virgin Phone line - £16 a month for 3 months then £21 a month

http://shop.virginmedia.com/broadband/up-to-10mb.html

make sure you get a SuperHub with your install to future proof yourself, don't accept the standard VM Hub! reject it if the tech goes to install it or send it back if your sent it.. you can confirm all this while making an order. SuperHubs are now standard kit for all broadband packages and are the future... you may get a free upgrade next year

You can whack the SuperHub into modem mode and hook your own router if the SuperHub doesn't meet your needs.

Standard hubs are still used for on service calls, new customers get the superhub

m8internet
29-12-2011, 20:49
Question: Would virgin do just the BB and as I'm connected this should be easy. I just want the BB not any TV or Phone. Anyone got just this and knows what price it is?
As an existing customer just advise them you want to terminate the TV
This will be applied once the current billing period ends (as bills are paid in advance)
I would suggest you look at three most recent bills and look at the dates the TV runs from, then ask them to terminate on the next relevant date
example
17/10/11 - 16/11/11, terminate on 16/02/12 (as this will be the next billing period)

As an existing customer basic Broadband is £21.50 per month, and that is what I am paying
I used to pay £20 per month for both BB and TV, hence why I dropped the TV in favour of Freeview