PDA

View Full Version : Trend micro security

manofdevon
27-12-2011, 08:34
I installed the new security trend over the weekend and since, my Outlook Express is playing me up. I get an error message appear when I press the send button.
When I shut the windows xp down I get a messsage saying I have unsent emails and I agree to send. They seem to go through OK.

Is this a conflict with the new trend security I have got free from Virginmedia?

Nopanic
27-12-2011, 08:55
Sounds like the firewall is blocking the smtp connection and on startup you send them before the security has loaded.

Check the firewall settings and maybe turn off out bound email scanning as a test for Anti virus if firewall rules are correct.

manofdevon
27-12-2011, 09:25
Sounds like the firewall is blocking the smtp connection and on startup you send them before the security has loaded.

Check the firewall settings and maybe turn off out bound email scanning as a test for Anti virus if firewall rules are correct.

Thanks, where will I find "turn off out bound email scanning" on my XP windows?

Nopanic
27-12-2011, 09:38
Thanks, where will I find "turn off out bound email scanning" on my XP windows?

Turn off the firewall first, (make sure windows firewall is on)

Good question on turning off the email scanning .. I actually don't know in this version .. first time I've looked for it .. doesn't look like you can ..

How very odd .. maybe its not a direct email scan then .. :erm:

manofdevon
27-12-2011, 09:46
Thanks again for looking.
Things are working OK this morning, it might have been those little b's practising their virus attempts in their spare time last weekend.

Also I put around 1800 incoming emails in to the deleted file, perhaps that has speeded thing up my end.

rickyxx
27-12-2011, 11:28
My Kaspersky security suite runs out in 8 days, normally I would just buy the cheapest version of Kaspersky from the net and install but I am thinking of trying the free Trend security from Virgin. Can anybody who uses Trend give me their opinion please?

Milambar
27-12-2011, 11:40
My Kaspersky security suite runs out in 8 days, normally I would just buy the cheapest version of Kaspersky from the net and install but I am thinking of trying the free Trend security from Virgin. Can anybody who uses Trend give me their opinion please?

If you do online banking, some banks give you a free antivirus. Barclays give out the latest Kaspersky Internet Suite, with a 3 PC licence. Worth looking into if you're on the lookout for antivirus.